Woah - how 'bout Matt Serra? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Woah - how 'bout Matt Serra?

Islander-11
04-08-2007, 17:54
I'd like to tell you all that I predicted this upset, but I'd be lying my butt off.

I have great respect for GSP. He was classy in victory over Matt Hughes and classy in defeat last night.

Did anyone else watch last night's show?

gr81disp
04-08-2007, 18:48
I knew Serra had a better chance than everyone was giving him, but I NEVER in a million years expected a TKO. I thought either decision or submission. Good job Matt "The Terror" Serra, you have earned it.

walangkatapat
04-12-2007, 22:08
Originally posted by Islander-11
I'd like to tell you all that I predicted this upset, but I'd be lying my butt off.

I have great respect for GSP. He was classy in victory over Matt Hughes and classy in defeat last night.

Did anyone else watch last night's show?

Great upset by Matt. No excuses made by GSP.:thumbsup:

Skpotamus
04-14-2007, 23:46
I freely admit that I expected GSP to steamroll Serra. I was very surprised by the wild punch serra landed. Did anybody else notice the replay of how it happened? Serra had his head down while throwing a right hook that missed GSP, Serra's wrist hit GSP in the base of the skull/neck area (brachial stun) and pretty much had him out.

I'd love to see a rematch.

gr81disp
04-15-2007, 19:36
Wild hook? Serra was beating GSP in standup the entire match! How is the right hook he had been throwing the entire fight a wild shot? Also, that was a forearm, not a wrist. Forarms are much harder. AND a brachial stun is to the side of the neck, not the back of the head. That is simply getting punched in the back of the head (easy to KO someone with a shot to the occipital region).

boogieman23
04-15-2007, 20:22
you can never count out anyone who has been trained by the Gracies but expect a rematch because GSP is student of the game a fierce competitor beat once and he'll be ready for you the next time

Gonetodarkside
04-15-2007, 20:59
Originally posted by gr81disp
Wild hook? Serra was beating GSP in standup the entire match! How is the right hook he had been throwing the entire fight a wild shot? Also, that was a forearm, not a wrist. Forarms are much harder. AND a brachial stun is to the side of the neck, not the back of the head. That is simply getting punched in the back of the head (easy to KO someone with a shot to the occipital region).

yes, it was a wild hook.

and yes, that was the brachial strike. you can brachial strike the side of the neck or behind the ear just like that.

gr81disp
04-16-2007, 04:23
True, but it wasn't behind the ear, it was to the back of the head, the occipital region (the bumpy part on the very back of the head).

Also, Dana White said GSP has to wait his turn, next up is Matt Hughes.