The Blue Bonnets [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Bonnets

texduramax
04-08-2007, 18:49
Took the family for a drive in the country after church today. All the rains we've had sure have the Blue Bonnets showing all their glory. Very Beautiful this year. Most I've seen in several years. How are they around your part of the state?

huaco
04-09-2007, 17:19
Lucky me just started a long 3D seismic survey southwest of Columbus and the bluebonnets and all the other wildflowers are just spectacular. The wife came out over the weekend and she ohhh ahhhd every time we hit the road. Lots of deer and turkey around too.

Now if I can just find someone out here to run me through a CHL renewal I may not have to deal with Houston traffic until September or so.

jtull7
04-09-2007, 17:50
I was a victim of the Bubonic Plague several years ago. I almost died, miraculously survived, but both my legs had to be amputated to save my life.

I was on a Southwest Airlines flight about a year ago, and the flight attendant was very curious about my legs. After much questioning, I told her that I had had the Bubonic Plague.

She responded, in a loud voice: ďThe Bluebonnet Plague, why they let little children play in those flowers!Ē

You had to be there.

PS: I grew up in Texas and I love the Bluebonnets.

TattooedGlock
04-11-2007, 15:24
Is it true that it's illegal to pick the bbs on the sides of the road???

nate527
04-11-2007, 20:04
Not illegal; doesn't make you a criminal. Does make you an a**hat. I was always raised to not pick bluebonnets and not to kill mockingbirds. I have caught and ate the Guadalupe Bass. I guess I am an a**hat after all.:shocked:

Did see a neat picture on the news last Saturday of a bluebonnet and an Indian paintbrush with snow on them.

flyinArmadillo
04-14-2007, 21:56
Was workin in just east and north of the Dallas area last Friday. The bluebonnets were looking great! Now, this was before the heavy weather hit on Friday evening generally in this area. Hope they held up well. I imagine tomorrow you will see bunches of folks in their Sunday best doing the photo shoots since we may be at the high end of the bloom around here!

Heck the best Iíve done is a alligator gar and I donít recommend it for summertime or anytime sort of barbeque!

Walter45Auto
04-22-2007, 14:24
Bluebonnets are lookin beautiful along the highways I normally ride down.

Never caught much other than a couple catfish and a couple striped bass. Not into fishing unless they're biting really good.

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal:

Rex G
04-23-2007, 15:08
They were blooming in force along FM 349 between LaGrange and Bellville this past weekend. Not just the roadside, some of the fields were FULL of Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushes, plus others. I-10 between Houston and Columbus, and 71 between Columbus and LaGarange was more of a variety, with fewer Bluebonnets.

kafromet
04-26-2007, 11:39
Originally posted by TattooedGlock
Is it true that it's illegal to pick the bbs on the sides of the road??? Nope, check snopes for more details.
http://www.snopes.com/legal/bluebonnets.asp