Anyone open carry in NV's cities? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone open carry in NV's cities?

jfrey123
04-08-2007, 21:31
Hey guys, newbie to the forum here with a newbie question...

Does anyone here open carry you're firearms in city limits anywhere?

When I go out shooting/hiking/camping/whatever out in the BLM, I usually throw on my shoulder rig or belt rig cause hey, we're out in the middle of the desert and it's still legal to have it on me here lol... I often also take advantage of carrying a loaded one inside my glove box or under my seat.

But I've never seen anyone in my Reno/Sparks area out and about in the city with their guns out. In this sense, I figure "When in Rome..." and I leave them in my apartment or in the car. But does anyone open carry or know someone who does while out shopping?

Grimsi
04-08-2007, 23:03
Yes, Las Vegas.

And the police will stop you and vilify you.

Sheeple will panic.

Have fun.

ZIPGRAVER
04-09-2007, 17:36
I haven't but I was at the Wendy's on Kietzke and there was regular looking guy in front of me sporting what looked like a 38spec revolver in a holster just in back of his front pocket. Nobody was screaming or crying or running for cover etc. It isn't real common but there are some that do. I do sometime carry one in my truck on the floor in front of the seat.

Ever hear of a car jacking in Reno??? NOOOOOOPE! :supergrin:

I ALWAYS carry in the desert....ALWAYS! Usually my Glock 21 in Blackhawk holster.

John's 26
04-23-2007, 11:53
I've open carried some, but I don't make a habit of it. For example a few weeks ago, my sweetie and I went to the range. On the way back, we stopped at one of out favorite restaurants for a cool drink and a burger. I open carried, but because we're regulars, and most of the regular customers know us, nobody batted an eye. I wouldn't recommend walkin the strip with one though...;)