Moving [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Moving

awilless
04-09-2007, 17:55
I am new to the forums as well as Oregon (well soon enough), just stopin by my new brothers. I have a G22, and I am waiting on my G27 (I hate California). I am looking forward to higher mag capacity. Hope to obtain my CHL soon as well.

J. Parker
04-11-2007, 15:31
Welcome to the Pacific Northwest. My wife and I "escaped" California in '93 and never looked back. I've done camping, shootin, and atvin' in NE Oregon. I like Oregon but I'm to stupid to pump my own gas. Grrrr.

~Best, John Parker

awilless
04-11-2007, 22:34
I didn't like it at first, have to wait a while sometimes, bad if you are in a hurry (yep, typical californian attitude) but am I ever glad when it is cold and rainy.

Pepiot
04-13-2007, 21:55
[QUOTE]Originally posted by J. Parker
[B]Welcome to the Pacific Northwest.

+1 :welcome:

awilless
04-13-2007, 23:43
Thanks, every last day lingers on here in California, worse and worse. Can't wait to get out. 10 more days.

G22C
04-16-2007, 17:57
You'll definitely love the Pac. Northwest, as long as you don't mind a *little* rain every now and then :supergrin:

Seriously though, it's great living up here. I moved to Portland back in 1997 to complete my law degree. I was born and raised in Hawaii, and believe it or not, I actually enjoy the northwest so much more. I miss the warm sunshine, family and friends, and all that other relaxing island lifestyle that I left behind... but up here there's just SO MUCH MORE to see and do.

Oh, and the big bonus is going to the HUGE gun shows held at the Portland Expo Center each month. There's one coming up this weekend (April 20 - 22). If you can't make it to that one, just check www.rosecitygunshows.com // www.collectorswest.com for the 2007 event schedule.

Anyway, welcome! :wavey:

awilless
04-18-2007, 21:17
thanks for the info

Jennifer-K9
06-29-2007, 00:27
Hi

Sorry this reply is a bit late, it's been a while since I've been on the board. I did however want to wish you a warm welcome to the Pacific Northwest. I'm in the process of moving out of the state actually (going back to Canada) in the next two weeks, I reckon we're balancing out the area population then eh? :wavey:

That being said... keep an eye on the "for sale" section guys and gals, I'm going to be forced to sell my Glock 22 and my Glock 27 and a bunch of related holsters, duty gear etc.....

Anyways, welcome to the area. :hugs:

Jennifer

JTR
08-28-2007, 01:25
I apologize, have not been up to speed with the PNW crew.

Welcome to Oregon from another Salem resident.

What part of town are you in?

awilless
09-04-2007, 01:01
I am near south commercial, by the new taco bell and the courthouse gym.

JTR
09-04-2007, 01:19
Way down south, like north Albany south.;)

Ever get out to the ARPC?

awilless
09-04-2007, 03:37
Nope, I am not sure what that stands for, but am guessing the Albany Rifle Pistol Club. I have gone to four corners once with a fellow GTer who was nice enough to bring me along the day after I moved. I really just want to find a nice place in the middle of the woods.