Lost CCW? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lost CCW?

lilbuddy
04-09-2007, 19:38
Lost my wallet today and just got off the phone with the credit card company....Im so pissed off right now but Im really worried about my ccw permit. Do I have to go back downtown to get a duplicate copy? Im so f'd.....Im in Durham county if that makes a difference.

NC Bullseye
04-10-2007, 12:45
This is copied directly out of NC firearms law.

"Any person who has been issued a valid permit must notify the Sheriff who issued the permit within thirty days after he/she has a permanent change of address. If the permit is lost or destroyed, he/she must notify the Sheriff who issued the permit of such loss. They are then eligible to obtain a duplicate permit by submitting to the Sheriff a notarized
statement that the permit was lost or destroyed and paying the required duplicate permit fee."

MrsKitty
04-10-2007, 20:22
Don't carry concealed until you get a copy of the permit.

I "lost" my wallet a few years ago. I got a duplicate in a few weeks. I was given a letter on the spot to carry on until the permit was ready (slow here).

lilbuddy
04-11-2007, 06:08
Originally posted by misskitty5077
Don't carry concealed until you get a copy of the permit. :laughabove: you are the 2nd person that said that to me...its funny b/c I would never think about carrying without it....plus I dont event have a DL right now. I have to wait for my duplicate to come in the mail.....I called downtown yesterday and they gave me the low down on what I have to do....I was downtown Monday and Monday night I lose my wallet....Murphy's law I guess...:sad:

MrsKitty
04-11-2007, 19:41
I reported my wallet stolen. The officer who did the report really stressed not carrying until I got another permit although open carry is ok. I got the letter the same day and the new copy later.

My biggest fear was some unscrupulous dealer selling some crackhead a gun on my permit and DL because they had it! :sad: