Another Damn Yankee!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another Damn Yankee!!

DeezilRam
04-10-2007, 09:44
I'll be moving to NC from Mass some time over the summer and was wondering if NC issued a non-resident CCW that would get me throught the transition period. I'd hate to have to wait for my in-state paperwork to process before I could carry again. I'm not quite sure where I'll be settling, but in will be within 45 min drive of RTP for the wife's new job.

Thanks - Deezil

NC Bullseye
04-10-2007, 12:31
Sorry, no non-resident, and you have to be a resident for 30 days before you can apply. You'll need to get a state approved course before you can apply also. Where are you looking to settle?

Bogey
04-10-2007, 14:44
Deezil....welcome to NC in advance!!! You'll love it here.

DeezilRam
04-10-2007, 15:07
Thanks guys, I figured as much. Looks like NC has a ton of reciprocity, but *of course* MA wouldn't be one of them :sad: Not that I can blame them...

At this point I have no idea where we're going to live. The lady and I are looking to be with in 45 min drive of RTP, where she will be working.
We've been down once for a few days to look around and meet with a realtor, and we'll be down again in a few weeks to do more looking, but I think we're a little overwhelmed with trying to decide. Neither of us have ever been to NC before this past trip and know very little about the area. Luckily we aren't moving until June/July so we have a little time to figure it out. Any firsthand observations and recommendations would be appreciated!

Deezil

Dinky
04-10-2007, 17:17
Welcome:wavey:

DeezilRam
04-11-2007, 06:51
Thank you! That's why I love this place:thumbsup:

Bogey
04-11-2007, 14:36
Deezil, I would recommend renting an apartment for 6 months....maybe a year,,,until you can get yourself oriented to the area. We did the same thing in 1988, and we've still moved around to different areas a few times since then.

Send me a PM and I'll give you my # and stuff so we can get together when you get here.

DeezilRam
04-12-2007, 10:54
PM sent, thank you!!