I'm Upset Boys--Even a Touch Offended [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I'm Upset Boys--Even a Touch Offended

Andrewsky
04-10-2007, 22:24
So, I was sitting at the computer tonight, minding my own business, reading GT, as always. My mom sits down next to me and says that my neighbor told her that in Texas "if you're in traffic and someone looks at you the wrong way, you can shoot them." These are the exact words. Immediately, this grabbed my attention, and my mom said it's a new law.

I figured this must be the Castle Doctrine law and I made sure to set her straight about what it actually is. I also pointed out that Texas isn't an absolute gun paradise--open carry of pistols is prohibited.

Jeez, what the heck is wrong with people!:upeyes: :upeyes:

norris7430
04-10-2007, 22:27
+1 for education

Mac Truck
04-10-2007, 22:33
Originally posted by Andrewsky
My mom sits down next to me and says that my neighbor told her that in Texas "if you're in traffic and someone looks at you the wrong way, you can shoot them." These are the exact words. Immediately, this grabbed my attention, and my mom said it's a new law.

Yes. It is also a requirement for citizenship here that you must own a 1976 Cadillac and know the difference between breeds of cattle on site. You are also allowed to sexually violate any woman that looks good and are not required, merely asked, to pay for expensive electronic equipment in stores...

WTF??? I would hope that common sense would prevent someone who has reproduced to believe that, Andrew! There is no city here called "Red Dawn,TX". (not that there shouldn't be, keep in mind)

JimmyMN
04-10-2007, 22:42
Maybe when she said that she thought it was April 1st....:rofl:

Andrewsky
04-10-2007, 22:51
Originally posted by Mac Truck
Yes. It is also a requirement for citizenship here that you must own a 1976 Cadillac and know the difference between breeds of cattle on site. You are also allowed to sexually violate any woman that looks good and are not required, merely asked, to pay for expensive electronic equipment in stores...

WTF??? I would hope that common sense would prevent someone who has reproduced to believe that, Andrew! There is no city here called "Red Dawn,TX". (not that there shouldn't be, keep in mind)

I've never really been to Texas. Crossed through the panhandle once and also flew into the Dallas airport.

But I do hear that everyone there has a 4x4 with a confederate flag on the backlight.

I also hear that instead of saying "Good Morning" people say "God defend the right," referring to the right to own slaves.

I'm not moving to Texas. I don't want to get shot!

Stupid
04-10-2007, 22:51
Good, nobody would look at me in a wrong way then.

Imagaing, if that's true, how many bullet hole I would get for checking out girls drive besides me?

Mac Truck
04-10-2007, 23:19
I've never really been to Texas. Crossed through the panhandle once and also flew into the Dallas airport.

But I do hear that everyone there has a 4x4 with a confederate flag on the backlight.

I also hear that instead of saying "Good Morning" people say "God defend the right," referring to the right to own slaves.

I am both 37% dumber, and about 100% GAYER (0% to begin with!) for having read this. You have to be pulling my leg. I REFUSE to believe that someone would be this moronic.

Mac Truck
04-10-2007, 23:26
Why, I was just at the convenience store yesterday, purchasing a Lone Star beer and a box of .50's. I approached the door just as a cowboy hat weilding gentleman with cowboy boots and a confederate bandana was leaving. He held the door for me, and I tipped my own cowboy hat as a courtesy. We both greeted each other with "God Defend the right...", you know, because we both belong to the same Klan.

Andrew, for the sake of everything holy, read a damm book on Texas or google it or something. This is asinine.

Andrewsky
04-10-2007, 23:38
So, how well do you personally know George W. Bush?

Hey, what does "God Defend the Right" actually mean?

Be sure to tell us how many border jumpers you get (dead or alive) when you go down to sit on the Rio Grande in a lawn chair with your rifle and horse this weekend.

:popcorn:

IxR6
04-11-2007, 00:22
I am both 37% dumber, and about 100% GAYER (0% to begin with!) for having read this. You have to be pulling my leg. I REFUSE to believe that someone would be this moronic.

Steers and queers, my friend. I guess Gunny was right.

Wasatch
04-11-2007, 00:24
So, how well do you personally know George W. Bush?

Hey, what does "God Defend the Right" actually mean?

Be sure to tell us how many border jumpers you get (dead or alive) when you go down to sit on the Rio Grande in a lawn chair with your rifle and horse this weekend.

This has gone way off topic and has gotten way too weird. I'm going to bed. Maybe things will have straightened themselves out by morning.

As for lack of education and downright stupidity, I've heard plenty of it: I used to work in the local utility company's call center.

Plenty of :freak: :freak: :freak: :freak: :freak: :freak: :freak: :freak: :freak: to go around.

:animlol:

Cokeman
04-11-2007, 00:30
Yes. It is also a requirement for citizenship here that you must own a 1976 Cadillac and know the difference between breeds of cattle on site.

The requirement is that you have to own a 76 Cadillac with bull horns mounted on the front of the hood. You don't know crap about Texas. ;)

Arbee
04-11-2007, 01:58
So, I was sitting at the computer tonight, minding my own business, reading GT, as always. My mom sits down next to me and says that my neighbor told her that in Texas "if you're in traffic and someone looks at you the wrong way, you can shoot them." These are the exact words. Immediately, this grabbed my attention, and my mom said it's a new law.

I figured this must be the Castle Doctrine law and I made sure to set her straight about what it actually is. I also pointed out that Texas isn't an absolute gun paradise--open carry of pistols is prohibited.

Jeez, what the heck is wrong with people!:upeyes: :upeyes:

Well, she almost got it right. If you're in traffic and someone looks at you the wrong way, you can shoot them, but only if you're in your pickemup truck and going less than 85 mph, no earlier than 30 minutes after sunrise and 30 minutes before sunset. (Safety comes first, you know.) No good if you're in a Honda.

Mac Truck
04-11-2007, 01:59
Originally posted by Cokeman
The requirement is that you have to own a 76 Cadillac with bull horns mounted on the front of the hood. You don't know crap about Texas. ;)

Touche'. Verrrry funny...:supergrin: I just didn't want anyone to mistake us for claiming Boss Hogg. He's over in Georgia.

Cokeman
04-11-2007, 02:36
Oh yeah. :sad:

Blitzer
04-11-2007, 04:13
An aside: I once worked for a telemarketer who also contracted with the NRA. (I should have gone for that opening at first instead of non-profit organizations.) Anyway I told one of the other associates, a little sheep like woman, I wanted to transfer to the NRA branch. After that she told people I frightened her. After I was let go she told a friend of mine who was 16 year employee there that I said, "I should come in here one day with a gun and not leave until there was no one left standing!"

Freaking asshats. :shocked: :moonie: :puking:

Danno6102
04-11-2007, 04:50
What!!!???? You can't just shoot someone for looking at you funny????

That's the whole reason I applied for my CCW permit! Well, not going to need that anymore. Anyone want to buy a slightly used like new G19?

Uneducated public is scary sometimes...

Lykoi
04-11-2007, 05:52
to truly set the record straight... those cadillacs with bull horns are a bit appalchian in origin... some freaky deaky wanna be cow roper thought they looked cool and then somehow we get stuck with it...

what you are required to have is a tow rope, a cooler, and something on a truck frame... without which you are truly useless in my state.

You are also required to ignore LoneStar beer as a whole, and hereby redeemed by the greatness that is Shiner Boch. Russian beer, made by germans, in Texas... best combination EVER

you are also required to know how to drive said SUV/truck whilst shooting at cow theives, without damaging said vehicle.

You are required to say ya'll, and stop calling it soda and pop or any variations therof... it is simply a coke - (specify brand)

You are required to try ranch dressing on everything, even if you hate it the first time... you still have to try it.

You are required to go mudding and/or rut riding at least once... and must get stuck once

DJTeancum
04-11-2007, 06:32

I really hope this kid is joking. If not, these statements make his mom's neighbor's statement look ingenious

Mac Truck
04-11-2007, 10:26
Originally posted by Lykoi

You are also required to ignore LoneStar beer as a whole, and hereby redeemed by the greatness that is Shiner Boch. Russian beer, made by germans, in Texas... best combination EVER

CAN I GET AN "AMEN"???!!!!!!

...Lone Star Beer was never the same after the big brewerey bought it out. The original brewer was so inconsistant that most can's had a different alcohol content, depending on the batch!

Scion
04-11-2007, 11:08
After making such idiotic statements, I'd suggest that you maintain the above-mentioned resolve to not move (or even GO) to Texas.

rmhovis
04-11-2007, 11:15
I like to tell people I'm from Texas,
I think I'd make a good Texan.

bogey3737
04-11-2007, 11:20
You are required to try ranch dressing on everything, even if you hate it the first time... you still have to try it.

And jalapeņos...everything has to have jalapeņos on it. In fact...you can get deep fried jalapeņos, stuffed with cheese and dipped in ranch...God Bless Texas!

Seriously, though, I really do miss TX.

The Confederate flag was mentioned earlier....I'd estimate I'd see 10 times more of them in the Carolinas, GA, AL, and northern Florida than I ever saw in TX.

Oh...and Carlona BBQ SUCKS! Vinegar has no place on a BBQ table!

bogey3737
04-11-2007, 11:33
Oh...one other thing...

I REALLY miss the carry laws in TX compared to what I have to deal with now...not to mention the number of places here that like to post no CW signs.

BUT...I remember the "Criminal Mischeif" portion of the law seemed a bit odd to me when I took the course.

Basically, if someone is committing "Criminal Mischief" after dark...deadly force is fair game:

http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes/docs/PE/content/htm/pe.002.00.000009.00.htm

Definition of Criminal Mischief:
<I>
§28.03. Criminal mischief.

(a) A person commits an offense if, without the effective consent of the owner:

(1) he intentionally or knowingly damages or destroys the tangible property of the owner;

(2) he intentionally or knowingly tampers with the tangible property of the owner and causes pecuniary loss or substantial inconvenience to the owner or a third person; or

(3) he intentionally or knowingly makes markings, including inscriptions, slogans, drawings, or paintings, on the tangible property of the owner.</I>

http://www.texaspolicecentral.com/title_7.html#Title%207.%20%20Offense%20Against%20Property

So...
DON'T go spraypainting someone's property after dark!!!
DON'T go knocking over mailboxes!!!
DON'T go TP someone's house!!!

DON'T mess with Texas!!!

:shocked:

Halojumper
04-11-2007, 11:57

What does a confederate flag have to do with Texas?

Andrewsky
04-11-2007, 12:48
Originally posted by Halojumper
What does a confederate flag have to do with Texas?

C'mon Halo.

You honestly didn't know that Texas was part of the CSA?

Halojumper
04-11-2007, 13:03
C'mon Halo.

You honestly didn't know that Texas was part of the CSA?

Naw, I didn't realize it went that far west. I guess you learn something every day.

Norske
04-11-2007, 13:13
I was in Texas for about 4 days a couple of weeks ago.

What did I notice?

(1) More pickup trucks than cars.

(2) Every pickup truck had a huge, welded diamond plate and steel tube "cow catcher" bigger and stronger than those on your average locomotive!

There must be no "fender benders" in Texas because to bend one of THOSE fenders, you would need to hit one with an M1-A2 Abrams at top speed!

:supergrin:

Mac Truck
04-11-2007, 14:13
What in the hell RANCH are you guys going to?

I live here and spend the majority of my time in the housing projects and Wards, where the only trucks are lowered 2 inches off the ground and are 'Merlot wit' twizzy dueces, dawg'.

bogey3737
04-11-2007, 14:56
I LOVE Texas...but I HATE Houston! :supergrin:

Mac Truck
04-11-2007, 15:19
Originally posted by bogey3737
I LOVE Texas...but I HATE Houston! :supergrin:

That's okay, I wouldn't expect anything less from you yankees inDallas.

bogey3737
04-11-2007, 17:16
Sorry to disappoint...never lived in Dallas...grew up in west TX and spent half a decade in the Bayou City. My wife and I were happy to put it in the rear view mirror. Traffic, pollution, crime, and killer summers...not for us. Give me the Hill Country...

phox_mulder
04-11-2007, 18:09
what you are required to have is a tow rope, a cooler, and something on a truck frame... without which you are truly useless in my state.

You are required to go mudding and/or rut riding at least once... and must get stuck once
Originally posted by Norske
(2) Every pickup truck had a huge, welded diamond plate and steel tube "cow catcher" bigger and stronger than those on your average locomotive!

I think I'm a Texan.
Born in California, raised in Utah, but it must be Texan blood coursing through my veins.

I'd attach a pic of my Texas sized truck and bumper, but am at work and don't have photo handy.

I should have kept track of how many miles I put on said truck looking for a store that carried Shiner Bock.

Spent half a day hiking out of the deep wilderness looking for someone with a winch/tow rope to get my out of the mud bog I found myself stuck in, now have both at my disposal.

phox

Andrewsky
04-11-2007, 19:03
I drive a 2005 Mini Cooper S. It was purchased when I was a liberal.

It makes me feel like a liberal, too. I think I should get a compact truck.

I'm the biggest thread hijacker ever.:upeyes:

Riz58
04-11-2007, 19:12
Halojumper: Actually few Texans display the Confederate Battlejack. They proudly display their OWN flag! I have been stranded out here in the Texas suburb known as New Mexico for nearly 20 years, but Texas is still home, and the flag of our home state is the one we carry around the world!

Scion
04-11-2007, 20:49
I have been stranded out here in the Texas suburb known as New Mexico for nearly 20 years,
We finally escaped the "Land of Entrapment" after more than 30 years. Don't give up...it CAN be done!

orc4hire
04-11-2007, 21:33

BUT...I remember the "Criminal Mischeif" portion of the law seemed a bit odd to me when I took the course.

Basically, if someone is committing "Criminal Mischief" after dark...deadly force is fair game:

http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes/docs/PE/content/htm/pe.002.00.000009.00.htm

Definition of Criminal Mischief:
<I>
§28.03. Criminal mischief.

(a) A person commits an offense if, without the effective consent of the owner:

(1) he intentionally or knowingly damages or destroys the tangible property of the owner;

(2) he intentionally or knowingly tampers with the tangible property of the owner and causes pecuniary loss or substantial inconvenience to the owner or a third person; or

(3) he intentionally or knowingly makes markings, including inscriptions, slogans, drawings, or paintings, on the tangible property of the owner.</I>

http://www.texaspolicecentral.com/title_7.html#Title%207.%20%20Offense%20Against%20Property

So...
DON'T go spraypainting someone's property after dark!!!
DON'T go knocking over mailboxes!!!
DON'T go TP someone's house!!!

DON'T mess with Texas!!!

:thumbsup:

Mac Truck
04-12-2007, 10:58
Originally posted by Riz58
Halojumper: Actually few Texans display the Confederate Battlejack. They proudly display their OWN flag! I have been stranded out here in the Texas suburb known as New Mexico for nearly 20 years, but Texas is still home, and the flag of our home state is the one we carry around the world!

(wipes tear...) YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!

freakshow10mm
04-12-2007, 11:48
Why, I was just at the convenience store yesterday, purchasing a Lone Star beer and a box of .50's. I approached the door just as a cowboy hat weilding gentleman with cowboy boots and a confederate bandana was leaving. He held the door for me, and I tipped my own cowboy hat as a courtesy. We both greeted each other with "God Defend the right...", you know, because we both belong to the same Klan.

I passed through TX back in 91 on my way to Mexico crossing at El Paso/Cidaud Juarez (sp?) with the Carananas Voyagers. Funny thing is, I never, ever saw anyone wearing a cowboy hat in TX. Never a single person. I was there for a full day and full night. I never got over that.

BoleCailey
04-12-2007, 19:02
Its funny, being born and raised Texan (Houston), I find the stereotypes made about us hilarious. People seem to forget that Houston is the fourth largest city in America.

Scion
04-12-2007, 21:14
People seem to forget that Houston is the fourth largest city in America.
Buncha small town big city slickers! :tongueout:

heels23
04-12-2007, 22:13
And jalapeņos...everything has to have jalapeņos on it. In fact...you can get deep fried jalapeņos, stuffed with cheese and dipped in ranch...God Bless Texas!

Seriously, though, I really do miss TX.

The Confederate flag was mentioned earlier....I'd estimate I'd see 10 times more of them in the Carolinas, GA, AL, and northern Florida than I ever saw in TX.

Oh...and Carlona BBQ SUCKS! Vinegar has no place on a BBQ table!

I believe I'll have to disagree with you on that Carolina BBQ. Been born and raised right near Lexington and still can't get over it. I was stuck in college for 2 years up in Yankee land (Chicago). I never missed one specific food so much. Sorry just had to but my $.02 in there.

geminicricket
04-12-2007, 22:22
Originally posted by Stupid
Good, nobody would look at me in a wrong way then.

Imagaing, if that's true, how many bullet hole I would get for checking out girls drive besides me?

Checking out girls is not the wrong way to look at them, Silly. Excuse me, Stupid.

I knew I was deep in the heart of Texas when I pulled into the parking lot for a GSSF shoot and every single other vehicle in the lot was a full size pick-up truck or SUV. I was driving my Focus.

waltherone
04-12-2007, 22:32
Originally posted by BoleCailey
People seem to forget that Houston is the fourth largest city in America.

Well, that's only because they count our cattle as citizens. :tongueout:

geminicricket
04-12-2007, 22:37
Originally posted by freakshow10mm
I passed through TX back in 91 on my way to Mexico crossing at El Paso/Cidaud Juarez (sp?) with the Carananas Voyagers. Funny thing is, I never, ever saw anyone wearing a cowboy hat in TX. Never a single person. I was there for a full day and full night. I never got over that.

I bought a cowboy hat on the 4th of July last year in Ft. Davis. That was the first one I'd had since my mother bought one for me when I was a young kid. It cost me $5 and Chris Lacy himself complimented my appearance with it.
http://www.dianelacy.com/history.html

MountainPacker
04-13-2007, 12:48
Y'all - plural or singular reference to other people.
All Y'all - plural of Y'all.

PhoneCop
04-13-2007, 15:24
dent no wot yer tockin' 'bout...

Houston is more Louisiana than Texas (ooooh, that hurt).
Dallas is more Oklahoma than Texas (ooooh, that hurt more).
Austin is more California than Texas (and a rotting cess pool of human waste at that).
El Paso to Brownsville is Mexico.

San Antonio is Texas!

(that ought to get it on...)

I even changed my avatar for the time being

Scion
04-13-2007, 15:41
Houston is more Louisiana than Texas - Thanks to Katrina and Welfare
Dallas is more Oklahoma than Texas - Thanks to JR
Austin is more California than Texas - Thanks to Technology
El Paso to Brownsville is Mexico - Thanks to crappy border control

San Antonio is Texas! - No thanks. :tongueout:

:rofl:

PhoneCop
04-13-2007, 15:58
Some people are like slinkies...

:rofl:

AHHHHHH HA HA HA HA!
AHHHHHH HA HA HA HA!

Dan_ntx
04-13-2007, 20:44
As much as I enjoy San Antonio, espescially oyster bake, I can't get past your "Dallas is more Oklahoma than Texas" statement.

Have you been to Oklahoma?
Oklahoma does not have nearly as much crime, illegals, corrupt local politicians, and BBQ places as Dallas.

Get your facts straight... Dallas is more East LA than Texas.

This anti Dallas post brought to you from the fair city of Arlington. Future home of the "Dallas" Cowboys, and current record holder for number of strip clubs in a city of less than 400,000.

wild bill kelso
04-13-2007, 21:26

Actually, I drive a Toyota Truck (probably the best selling truck in Texas). The Toyota Truck plant is in San Antonio - so we buy local made vehicles.

The only Confederate Flags you see are the ones at flea markets.

Lived here 42 years and never heard the saying "God defend the right" I wonder who made that up?

As far as guns go.....well...I live in South Texas and just about everyone owns a firearm, all the men I'm associated with carry at least one on their person. Half have a BUG, and at least two blades.

There wasn't much of a slave ownership in South Texas, we were too busy fighting Comanche during the 1860's. Anyway, we always say Howdy to people we meet on the street, we say Yes ma'am and no ma'am....and no.. we don't shoot at people that look at us wrong from our vehicles.

My advice is to come see us....you might just like the pace.

wild bill kelso
04-13-2007, 22:03
Originally posted by PhoneCop
dent no wot yer tockin' 'bout...

Houston is more Louisiana than Texas (ooooh, that hurt).
Dallas is more Oklahoma than Texas (ooooh, that hurt more).
Austin is more California than Texas (and a rotting cess pool of human waste at that).
El Paso to Brownsville is Mexico.

San Antonio is Texas!

(that ought to get it on...)

I even changed my avatar for the time being

Yep - I'd have to agree with the first four. I never really counted Houston as Texas, especially now that most of New Orleans is living there, .:tongueout:

Mac Truck
04-14-2007, 01:16
AWriiight you Anti-Houstites!

Jealousy is a wicked emotion. Did the 2006 WORLD SERIES,NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPION HOUSTON ASTROS bicker and fight amongst their ranks? Hell no! They had a cancer, and they traded him! Oh, before I give my "we are one big Lone Star team" speech, let me just ask how many pennants the Texas Rangers fly high in that microwave of a stadium...

Don't give me any Dallas Cowboy crap, either. I'm as pissed at the Texans as anyone. That arguement doesn't count.

Oh, 3 time World Champion Houston Rockets, what? Huh? Dallas Mav-who?

Houston Dynamo World Champion Soccer team...okay. You got me there, I don't give a flying CRAP about that!

I love our Easterly neighbors, especially their kitchen skills and loose women, but not ALL of Louisiana is living in Houston now...I saw on the news a few NOLA cops that stuck around to loot!

Arlington/DFW may have more strip clubs, but we have more adult movie theaters, so nannnynannny boobooo....uhhh...at least that's what I "heard", anyway.

digitspaw
04-14-2007, 02:44
Originally posted by IxR6
Steers and queers, my friend. I guess Gunny was right.

Y'all might wanna consider stickin' a smiley on the end o' that one, mi amigo.;)

Chad Landry
04-14-2007, 06:29
There is no city here called "Red Dawn,TX". (not that there shouldn't be, keep in mind)

No, but there is a "Cut and Shoot, Texas". :cool:

What in the hell RANCH are you guys going to?

Right now, I'm working on the Canyon Ranch, about 25 miles south-east of Sonora, TX. Once I enter the main gate of the ranch, it's a 10-mile drive on caliche roads to the rig.

I would LOVE to see someone bring their lowered rap-machine back here. :banana:

Regarding cowboy hats, if you ever find yourself working in the hot sun without a good straw hat, then you get one for yourself, you'll think someone turned the air conditioning on.

There's a reason for the boots and hats, and it isn't a fashion statement until you dress that way indoors.

jallen
04-14-2007, 07:41
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mac Truck
[B]Yes. It is also a requirement for citizenship here that you must own a 1976 Cadillac and know the difference between breeds of cattle on site. You are also allowed to sexually violate any woman that looks good and are not required, merely asked, to pay for expensive electronic equipment in stores...
[B]

Now I don't care who ya are that theres funny.

wild bill kelso
04-14-2007, 08:44
AWriiight you Anti-Houstites!

... bicker and fight amongst their ranks? Hell no! Oh, before I give my "we are one big Lone Star team" speech

He's right Boys. We are one big Lone Star Team. We used to be a country of our own, and are one of only two states that can fly our flag at the same height as the Stars and Stripes.

At the rate the world is heading to crap, we need to stick together. Besides, the Fightin' Texas Aggies are one of the dominate Big 12 in Basketball, & I think I can honestly say we are all proud of that!

bogey3737
04-14-2007, 10:28
Originally posted by wild bill kelso
At the rate the world is heading to crap, we need to stick together. Besides, the Fightin' Texas Aggies are one of the dominate Big 12 in Basketball, & I think I can honestly say we are all proud of that!

Doubt I'll ever be proud of an Aggie...

BUT...I can't say much since both of my alma maters (Red Raiders and Blue Devils) got knocked out in the first round! :frown:

RussP
04-14-2007, 10:58
Moved this from Carry Issues...

:cool:

kafromet
04-17-2007, 12:55
Originally posted by wild bill kelso
[B]****and are one of only two states that can fly our flag at the same height as the Stars and Stripes. ****
Actually that's an Urban Legend.

There is no restriction on flying any other flags at the same height as our national flag. US Code, title 4, (normally refered to as the flag code) specifies:

"(c) No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy. No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United States at any place within the United States or any Territory or possession thereof: Provided, That nothing in this section shall make unlawful the continuance of the practice heretofore followed of displaying the flag of the United Nations in a position of superior prominence or honor, and other national flags in positions of equal prominence or honor, with that of the flag of the United States at the headquarters of the United Nations."

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/search/display.html?terms=height&url=/uscode/html/uscode04/usc_sec_04_00000007----000-.html

And even that is just a guideline, with no law to require it be upheld. Normal tradition does dictate that the US Flag is always flow higher, and in the place of prominence, but that is tradition, not law.

hpracing007
05-02-2007, 04:11
Originally posted by Dan_ntx

This anti Dallas post brought to you from the fair city of Arlington. Future home of the "Dallas" Cowboys, and current record holder for number of strip clubs in a city of less than 400,000.

My uncle and I are extremely angry with the city of arlington for cracking down on Fantasy Ranch and making it now a bikini bar.

:steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed:

nuparadigm
05-02-2007, 05:40
Originally posted by Halojumper
Naw, I didn't realize it went that far west. I guess you learn something every day.

For that matter, Arizona was part of the CSA as well. The one and only battle fought there was the Battle of Picacho (somewhat East of Casa Grande along the Interstate). The battle was fought over salt.