Texas Regulations [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Texas Regulations

Gothic_TNT
04-12-2007, 15:40
I was wondering what the procedures are for buying a firearm in Texas, is there a wait, extra fee, state fee, age? My brotherinlaw would be purchasing this firearm, who lives in Texas. I just wanted to get some Texas Glocker info first...

RPBROWN
04-12-2007, 16:42
Fill out paperwork. NICS check. Maybe a 3 day delay if NICS can't confirm or deny. Must be 21 for handgun purchase. All of this if buying new from dealer.

If buying from individual-pay money and walk with gun. Must be 21 for handgun.

Gothic_TNT
04-12-2007, 19:19
Thanks, for the info RPBROWN

TattooedGlock
04-17-2007, 17:26
Also, if you have a CHL (concealed handgun license) then nothing gets called in at a store.

Walk in, pick gun, fill out paperwork, show CHL, spend money, walk out with new gun, exlain to wife or girlfriend why you spent more money on guns!

Simple

TexasFats
04-18-2007, 11:02
Originally posted by TattooedGlock
Also, if you have a CHL (concealed handgun license) then nothing gets called in at a store.

Walk in, pick gun, fill out paperwork, show CHL, spend money, walk out with new gun, exlain to wife or girlfriend why you spent more money on guns!

Simple

That last item (explain to wife or girlfriend. . .) is the really tough part. But, don't worry, you won't be sleeping on the couch for more than a few weeks.

:rofl:

ccrobbins
04-18-2007, 13:46
Once you gentlemen get to a certain number there is no reason to inform said person. Chunk it is the safe with the others and deny, deny, deny.

kafromet
04-19-2007, 12:18
Well, according to the Brady Bunch, you just walk up to the machine, put your $.75 in, push the button and grab your assault rifle out of the slot at the bottom.