Wal Mart Valley AL to Stop selling guns. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wal Mart Valley AL to Stop selling guns.

mossy500camo
04-13-2007, 11:09
Wal Mart in Valley AL is going to stop selling guns as of Monday (4-16-2007).:sad:

glocked_n_loade
04-14-2007, 10:22
well.... off to phenix city or opelika. the phenix city wal-mart has a nice gun dept. that is my local nacho hut, my wife drags me in there a couple times a week at least....
and does that mean they are having a big sale this weekend????????

mossy500camo
04-14-2007, 13:03
Originally posted by glocked_n_loade
well.... off to phenix city or opelika. the phenix city wal-mart has a nice gun dept. that is my local nacho hut, my wife drags me in there a couple times a week at least....
and does that mean they are having a big sale this weekend????????

YUP! I know that's right. The only other Gunshop around here is Pawn City and I refuse to go in there again and wouldnt recommend them to anybody. I guess they will BOOST their prices UP now. Story's in Opelika can be steep on their prices. But Atleast they stand behind their products and are VERY helpful. City Pawn in Opelika is a GREAT place to do business as well.

Where are some good places in Phenix City?

glocked_n_loade
04-14-2007, 14:53
i usually go to shooters in columbus... that is where the wife and i are heading to now...... northside pawn on manchester expy has a good gun dept and a good armorer on staff.

owl6roll
04-15-2007, 03:05
No more long guns sold at the Wal-Mart in Alabaster, Al.

Robert A.
04-15-2007, 07:20
glocked_n_loade have you been to the place over by st marys rd. It closed right after the fire last year, but from my undersatnding they are open again. Wish I could remember the name of the place cause they seem t have the best prices in town.

glocked_n_loade
04-15-2007, 09:37
no ... havent been to a lot of places on south end of Columbus...

cookand
04-18-2007, 01:22
Originally posted by mossy500camo
Wal Mart in Valley AL is going to stop selling guns as of Monday (4-16-2007).:sad:

Well, at least maybe some of you will start supporting your local shops. China-mart sucks and you should be ashamed to shop there. In my humble opinion of course.

mossy500camo
04-18-2007, 12:32
Originally posted by cookand
Well, at least maybe some of you will start supporting your local shops. China-mart sucks and you should be ashamed to shop there. In my humble opinion of course.

YUP! I agree. I went in "China-Mart" today. And they had Reel&Rod combos in the old gun display cases.

ps
I do visit story's I Opelika. A weee bit higher than the two other local gunshops here in Chambers co.(Pawn City and Milners) But I refuse to do business with Pawn City the ripoffs. So Story's will get most of my business.

hankfan79
04-21-2007, 09:35
This is a thing that has been coming. Wal-Mart announced sometime last year that they would be discontinuing firearms sales in about 65% of their stores...

They stated only in stores that don't make alot of revenue in firearms.

evilghost
04-21-2007, 20:39
Removed

cowboywannabe
04-27-2007, 23:48
Mossy, i saw a sign in the walmart display cabinet where the guns used to be, saying "ask us about our special order guns"...seems they will still sell one but you have to order it first, just not keeping dispalay models incase of another Katrina looting spree maybe?

or it could have been an old sign left up from the good old days.......

p.s. went to Pawn City a few days back and got a nice S&W model 64-3 for a little over $250.00....the deals are there if you have the cash and arent afraid to spend it, they hate to see $$$ walk out the door because either side was inflexable....

p.s.s. Milners Plunderosa is closing down.

mossy500camo
04-28-2007, 21:14
Originally posted by cowboywannabe

p.s. went to Pawn City a few days back and got a nice S&W model 64-3 for a little over $250.00....the deals are there if you have the cash and arent afraid to spend it, they hate to see $$$ walk out the door because either side was inflexable....

p.s.s. Milners Plunderosa is closing down.

Yup! From what my buddy tells me. Wally World will special order firearms for you. (At the online catalog prices).

PC will never get another dollar out of me. I trade with a guy in Opelika now 'City Pawn'. No relation to PC.

DAMN! Milners closing?:shocked: Thanks for the info.:thumbsup:

mossy500camo
05-08-2007, 20:42

The Wal Mart in Opelika and Auburn are still selling them. HELLO! to Mr. MARLIN 17 HMR! You will be home soon!:supergrin:

firestud2829
05-09-2007, 16:42
The Wal Mart in Opelika and Auburn are still selling them. HELLO! to Mr. MARLIN 17 HMR! You will be home soon!:supergrin:

I have one of those!! Great gun...sure to be lots of fun for ya!

collim1
05-18-2007, 00:13
Originally posted by glocked_n_loade
i usually go to shooters in columbus... that is where the wife and i are heading to now...... northside pawn on manchester expy has a good gun dept and a good armorer on staff.

Great place to business with. Even lets you try a prospect out at the indoor range.

Well worth the 40 min drive.