Tito's a wuss [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tito's a wuss

Halojumper
04-13-2007, 12:27
Did anybody catch that show on Spike last night where Tito challenged Dana White to a sparring match then wussed out on it?
Dana trained up for several months and had to fight with the boxing commission to get a license to fight, then he totally blew off the weigh in, and consequently the fight. First, in my opinion, it was in bad taste to make the challenge in the first place, but he made himself look even worse by not following through one it had been accepted.

walangkatapat
04-13-2007, 18:22
All a publicity stunt.

FortyCaliber
04-14-2007, 19:10
Thanks for the update, Halo!

I fell asleep after the first hour, so I never got to see how it ended.

Halojumper
04-15-2007, 01:55
Originally posted by FortyCaliber
Thanks for the update, Halo!

I fell asleep after the first hour, so I never got to see how it ended.

Yeah, you didn't miss much. I stayed with it, hoping they would actually fight.

FortyCaliber
04-15-2007, 13:54
I didn't miss seeing Melvin Guillard get put to sleep on Fight Night Live, though!

...and it was spectacular!

gr81disp
04-15-2007, 19:38
Not a publicity stunt, because there is NO WAY the UFC would piss off the state athletic commission like that. Tito refused to fight because he wasn't getting paid. The proceeds were going to go to charity.

Also, Guillard lost twice. First from Stevenson, then from the drug test (coke).

Gonetodarkside
04-15-2007, 21:07
Originally posted by gr81disp
Not a publicity stunt, because there is NO WAY the UFC would piss of the state athletic commission like that. Tito refused to fight because he wasn't getting paid. The proceeds were going to go to charity.

Also, Guillard lost twice. First from Stevenson, then from the drug test (coke).

man failing a drug test for coke is pretty bad, seeing as it only takes a couple of days to get it out of your system.

walangkatapat
04-23-2007, 20:23
Originally posted by gr81disp
Not a publicity stunt, because there is NO WAY the UFC would piss off the state athletic commission like that. Tito refused to fight because he wasn't getting paid. The proceeds were going to go to charity.

More air time for the UFC, good or bad I aint buying that it wasn't a stunt.