The Big Reno Show [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Big Reno Show

Raoul Duke
04-13-2007, 13:31
Hope to see all of you No. Nevada GTers at the Big Reno Show this weekend at the Grand Sierra Resort, formerly the Reno Hilton. Should be a good show; it usually is.

If you happen to see an old fart with gray hair and glasses walking around carrying an SKS, it just might be me. ;)

Have a great weekend everyone.

ZIPGRAVER
04-13-2007, 18:55
Well I went today and it is a nice show but mostly for collectors and old guns. Prices seemed about right for this show...HIGH... and the dealers were the same as the last show. I was amazed by how crowded it was...on Friday.

They had some nice evil black ugly guns there that I would like to get my hands on but every time I touched one it kind of burned my fingers with the HOT prices.:shocked: I saw some used Glocks going for more than new ones. Go figure.:upeyes: Good example of high prices were the Ruger 10-22s. Most used ones were going for between $190-$250....SHEEEZ! Walmart has them for $179 NEW. What the hell is the matter with these dealers. I saw a used Glock 22....I mean really used... for $500.00. Guess he didn't rally want to sell it.

I did buy three pair of needle nose pliers for making pocket watch chains.... I wear them out so fast I have to buy 3 pair every show. And the beer was real cold.:hugs:

I think most of the dealers are from California. They can't sell the guns in their own state so they have to come here and try.

Raoul Duke
04-14-2007, 20:28
I went today and it was packed. I agree that prices were high on just about everything I saw. AR mags for $30, factory Mini 14 mags for $52 and of course the $225 used 10/22.

I didn't go there to buy though. I brought a Yugo SKS to see if I could sell it. It took me about 45 minutes and I got $225 for it. I paid $135 for it a few months ago. All in all not a bad day.

jlavallee
04-16-2007, 17:31
Yep, I almost bought an AR off a private seller at the last one but other than that, the shows here are horrible. When I lived in Ohio we actually had shows with decent selection, prices and lots of sellers. Oh how I miss the Ohio gun shows...

Goldendog Redux
04-30-2007, 04:26
I went to the Last Big reno Show. I will never go to a gun show again.

MF