FYI: Firearm registration meeting at Targetmaster [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Firearm registration meeting at Targetmaster

Ramtuff
04-13-2007, 23:32
Copied from Targetmaster's website...

"SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT !!

Representative Stephen Barrar to Host Forum at Targetmaster on Firearm Registration Legislation, Saturday, April 21st @ 12 Noon.

Rep. Barrar will be hosting a coffee klatch at Targetmaster to discuss legislation that would call for the registration of all firearms in Pennsylvania.

House Bill 760 would require a $10 per-gun annual registration fee and would force gun owners to be annually fingerprinted and carry a photo registration card with their firearms at all times.

Other topics of discussion will be the increased rate of gun violence in the City of Philadelphia, proposed solutions to gun violence, and any other topics participants would like to talk about. All are welcome."

Targetmaster (http://www.targetmaster.com)

tat2guy
04-14-2007, 07:32
Thanks for the heads up.
I have to be at work at 2... if I hop on 95, I can probably get there in half an hour from Targetmaster.... probably worth going.

FortyCaliber
04-16-2007, 21:27
I'll be there. :thumbsup:

Ramtuff
04-22-2007, 22:29
Just curious...did anyone make it down there on Saturday?

tat2guy
04-23-2007, 08:31
I made a wrong turn on the way, and ended up getting there half an hour late. Steve seemed like a good guy, really sincere about his beliefs. Also, he handed out a copy of an article that refers to him as "an ass", so I like the guy's attitude. He made a point of urging all of us in attendance to take the time to write opinion pieces for the newspapers, so hat was good, and I learned that PA does cros reference mental health records w/ NICS, so that VA Tech kid would have been denied a legal sale had he tried it here. I'm not sure how much ground breaking usefulness came from the meeting, but I'm glad i went. It's nice to see an elected official come out and rub elbows with the people.