Knob Creek MG shoot [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Knob Creek MG shoot

Berretta9
04-15-2007, 09:11
Who went ?? How were the crowds ??

spork
04-15-2007, 12:56
I went Friday. Crowd wasn't bad. Saw good deals on glock mags (16 bucks, about the same as CDNN)and various rifle mags and parts for semi-auto rifles. I saw some parts I needed, but am saving my funds for a bigger purchase.

I would guess things were quite muddy on Saturday.

dmoremen
04-15-2007, 14:47
Saturday was pretty sloppy, but the show was worth it. Watching the vehicles slide in the slop on the way out was almost as entertaining. The best was the Hummer being pulled out be a Jeep Cherokee. How embarassing is that??

seanmcp
04-15-2007, 16:56
Couldn't have been better for this time of year. Dry, mostly sunny, bit of a breeze. Kept all the smoke downrange most times. I saw new Glock mags for $13 at a couple of tables, but I'm full up *grin* Cheapest glock sales I saw were a few tables w/ NiB Glocks for $459 or so. Due to lead and copper costs, ammo still feels high.

cwshootersupply
04-15-2007, 16:57
I went Sunday alot of peaple, alot of mud:supergrin:
Machine guns are expensive to buy. The Minigun was awasome.
The Anzio Iornworks Corp .50BMG rifles are pretty nice. Different but well made and finished.
I got some picked up some new Duracoat so tigerstrip anyone?:supergrin:
See you at Thursday night shoot.
CEW

45gunner
04-15-2007, 17:27
I went and helped RO the Machine Gun pistol shoot. It was very muddy. Im still cleaning the mud out of my bluejeans.

They had about 84 shooters. I believe Shawn Hopkins won the pistol match.

Marvin Saylor won the bolt gun and ar 15 rifle match.

I picked up some M1 grand clips for Beretta and some rifle primers for myself.

It was quite packed with people despite the weather.

Berretta9
04-15-2007, 18:21
Thanks much

TreehugginGlock
04-15-2007, 20:22
Originally posted by 45gunner
Marvin Saylor won the bolt gun and ar 15 rifle match.
Way to go, Marvin! :thumbsup: Guess you've gone long gun instead of pistol. Miss you. Look forward to seeing you back with the GLIPSC group some time soon.

Once again I missed the Machine Gun Shoot, but I had my own shoot to go to with it's own mud. (Loved B'ham and the AL State IDPA match) I want to get out to one of these things one year. Maybe I'll make the October one. Glad everyone had fun.

Green Hell
04-16-2007, 09:06
I went Friday and took a buddy from St.Louis. Perfect weather and got a great deal on a used G30, $449 w/ 4 mags and two sets of recoil springs! I also have about 45 minutes of footage on the firing line that I need to cut up and edit.

I love the MG shoot. If there's a better time to be had, I sure don't know about it!

GH

Lwolfnky
04-24-2007, 15:27
I was there. Got real wet. Saw lots of guns. REALLY enjoyed the big Cannon. Laughed for a while about a Jeep Cherokee that kept getting stuck trying to pull other people out. Went home.

Had a great time. BIG crowd even with the weather.