CRUSHED by The Newge . . . AGAIN! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CRUSHED by The Newge . . . AGAIN!

rhino465
04-15-2007, 18:50
Once again, our own Luxone crushed me in Production Divison at a USPSA pistol match today. He peeled me like a grape! He beat me like an epileptic bongo player!

<pre>

PRODUCTION DIVISION:

Place Name USPSA Class Division PF Lady For Age Points Stg %
3 The Newge A57589 C Production Minor N N 471.0392 88.44%
6 Rhino A30459 D Production Minor N N 411.6960 77.30%

Gump
04-16-2007, 11:38
Since when are you shooting Production?

Patrick Graham
04-16-2007, 16:56
Yeah, I thought you were a 1911 kinda guy...??... :)

rhino465
04-16-2007, 18:39
Gump & Pat:

I understand your shock and dismay! Do not fear; I have not forsaken the 1911. I am just dallying in Production for a bit of a change of pace.

I've been documenting here: Adventures in USPSA Production Division (http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=665797).

I'm still shooting 1911 Single Stack at Terre Haute/RileCC/WVPPS, and using a 1911 for 3-gun and multi-gun, but I've been hitting some of the other pistol matches in Production Divison.

It's . . . not the same! My biggest problem so far is with trigger control. I've apparently been spoiled by my 1911 triggers, and the crunch'n'tick on my Browning BDM is far less forgiving. The worst part is that the trigger reset is more than a quarter of an inch and there is very little force pushing the trigger forward to reset it. So I get trigger freeze frequently. I also forget and leave the thumb safety "on" occasionally, but that's just being a doofus.

I have some extended factor mag releases for my Smith & Wesson 5904 on the way, and if those work for me, I think I can do a little better. I still won't run any faster, but I'll be able to contentrate on the actual shooting and transitions if I'm not fighting the gun trying to get holes in the paper.

A side benefit is that this has apparently improved my trigger control when I shoot my 1911. It's kind of like shooting revolver for a while, but less annoying. :supergrin:

2legit2quit
04-16-2007, 21:30
Where can someone find info on competitive shooting in Indiana. I've owned firearms all my life. But never shot them in a competition setting.

Gump
04-17-2007, 12:09
2legit check these links for starters.
http://uspsa.org/
http://www.uspsa-area5.org/home/index.php
http://www.wvpps.com/
http://www.atlantacc.net/index.php

Rhino, have you thought about using your Glock for Production, or are you still pretending not to have one?

rhino465
04-18-2007, 06:54
Originally posted by 2legit2quit
Where can someone find info on competitive shooting in Indiana. I've owned firearms all my life. But never shot them in a competition setting.

What did you want to know?

I post notices for all of our matches in this forum (their is a tacked topic for it).

There is also a forum for competition shooting on GlockTalk where you could ask general questions.

rhino465
04-18-2007, 06:56
Originally posted by Gump

Rhino, have you thought about using your Glock for Production, or are you still pretending not to have one?

Hah! You've exposed the truth . . . the Ugliest Glock in Existence.

Unfortunately I can't use it for Production Division (or IDPA SSP). The grip has been modified to help me reach the trigger, which is a disallowed modification.

I still can't reach the trigger that well even with the radical grip reduction anyway.

luxone
04-19-2007, 09:39
Sorry to have to do that Rhino! Rest easy, when I get my G35 finished I'll be doing some Limited shooting and getting my butt handed to me!

rhino465
04-19-2007, 10:22
We both got beat by a girl, though. :thumbsup:

I am still undecided if I'm going to stick with Production until I feel like I'm just shooting and not fighting the gun. I'm using a lot of time just trying to get the thing to go bang! and worrying over it prevents me from doing all the other stuff (like transitions) like I would with a gun that is more comfy for me (like a 1911).

And don't even get me started on that way I milk the grip now ... I was just getting a handle on that with my 1911s, but I'm totally doing it again with the BDM and 5904. ARGH!

2legit2quit
04-19-2007, 21:04
How can someone who is interested in this give it a try. What are the costs? Do I have to join a club or range and pay?

I checked out a couple of those sites but I get flooded with info.

Originally posted by rhino465
What did you want to know?

I post notices for all of our matches in this forum (their is a tacked topic for it).

There is also a forum for competition shooting on GlockTalk where you could ask general questions.

rhino465
04-19-2007, 22:43
Originally posted by 2legit2quit
How can someone who is interested in this give it a try. What are the costs? Do I have to join a club or range and pay?

I checked out a couple of those sites but I get flooded with info.

First step is to find the closest club to where you live. You can find USPSA and IDPA clubs respectively at:

www.uspsa.org
www.idpa.com

Then contact them and let them know you're interested.

Costs depend on the club. Most USPSA matches are $15-20 for the entry fee.

For USPSA, you do not need to be a member. For IDPA, you have to be a member of IDPA after your first match, although some host clubs will waive that for people who are members of their club.