Borrowing Spouse's Handgun [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Borrowing Spouse's Handgun

montemon
04-15-2007, 21:11
I've been trying to find out if there’s any specific law in NJ, or Federal, that would prohibit me from taking my wife's handgun to a shooting range without bringing her along.

Also, in a home self defense situation would using your spouse's firearm add any additional legal implications?

Patterson
04-16-2007, 14:12
I am far from being a leagal adviser, however not too long ago I asked a NJ State Trooper about borrowing a family member's gun to take to a range. I was told it was a no no as. I believe you are only permitted to have in your possession a handgun which is licensed to you. Just my 2 cents worth...

montemon
04-16-2007, 15:30
I think you're right. I called NJSP myself and was told the same thing but he just didn't sound sure, that's why I posted.

Thanks

jjamdj
04-29-2007, 18:12
I am in Westchester and i know here unless your wifes gun is on your license then no its illegal, thats why i had my wife get her license and i acquired all my guns on her license also
so she shoot all mine legally. Not sure if NJ license has all gun listed on there License like Westchester County