CWP Wait in SC ??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CWP Wait in SC ???

walrus108
04-15-2007, 22:07
It is going on 5 weeks now since I mailed in my application for CWP. I am hoping it comes this week. How long did it take all of you to get yours from the date you sent in the app? This wait is too much! It's like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Greycat
04-15-2007, 23:30
Almost 60 days from the date I mailed mine off. Not bad considering they have up to 90 days listed on teh application. If you're already at 6 weeks, I would say expect it within the next two weeks or so, but don't get worried if it takes another 4 to 5 weeks. It all depends on how many applications they've been hit with recently. I know one guy that got his back 3 weeks after submitting, and another who got his on the 89th day. No rhyme or reason for it....

G

Creek
04-16-2007, 07:40
75 days

jim2037
04-16-2007, 09:57
89 days out of the 90 allowed!

GAFFN1
04-16-2007, 18:11
Yeah , it took the full 90 for my brother and I both to get ours!!!! Where did you take the CWP course at, if I may Ask? Yeah, I feel your pain about the Kid at Xmas time!!! But I now glad that I have it and carry when I can...due to my job..it does not go with me!!!!! Look at the bright side......I was down at MB indoor shooting range and talked to my instructor and what he said was you did not get it back within 2 weeks of sending it, so they found nothing wrong and its on its way to you!!!!

walrus108
04-16-2007, 22:09
Originally posted by GAFFN1
Yeah , it took the full 90 for my brother and I both to get ours!!!! Where did you take the CWP course at, if I may Ask? Yeah, I feel your pain about the Kid at Xmas time!!! But I now glad that I have it and carry when I can...due to my job..it does not go with me!!!!! Look at the bright side......I was down at MB indoor shooting range and talked to my instructor and what he said was you did not get it back within 2 weeks of sending it, so they found nothing wrong and its on its way to you!!!!

I took it at Coastal Sports. Do you normally shoot at the MB indoor range? Is that the one with the civil war museum next door? I have been waiting for that place to reopen after the fire.I like Coastal but they are EXPENSIVE! Last time I shot for 45 mins and brought my own ammo and the bill was still like $21. Seemed too high to me. Guess I'll just try to put the wait out of my mind as best I can. The days are just dragging...

GAFFN1
04-17-2007, 06:03
Yeah I have been shooting there lately, cause of the weather!! I like Coastal, but you are right they are EXPENSIVE!!! Nice range though, MB is not heated or A/C so that can be brutal if you do not time the weather right!!!! Anyway, yeah MBISR has remodeled and it is nice!!!! Hang in there for the CWP it will show!!!!

Kalashnikova
04-20-2007, 10:28
I shoot at shooter's choice in west Columbia. They are pretty good. I have not joined Mid Carolina yet.

Frost
04-21-2007, 13:59
It was around 70 days if memory serves.

The wait is one of those things that seems to take forever.
I tracked the days until I got it then it didn't matter anymore.

Don't forget the Nachos...

walrus108
06-01-2007, 13:50
IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!

It took exactly 70 total days to arrive. Very simple, just the permit itself in an envelope with absolutely nothing else. Think I may buy myself a beer tonight. Time to celebrate! :banana: :cheers: :broccoli:

MitchbSC
06-01-2007, 21:44
Now that every aspect of your life has been reviewed by SLED, consider joining GrassRoots SC (http://www.scfirearms.org/) to keep that CWP useful. :supergrin: No other gun rights-type organizations do much for CWP holders.

walrus108
06-02-2007, 18:22
Originally posted by MitchbSC
Now that every aspect of your life has been reviewed by SLED, consider joining GrassRoots SC (http://www.scfirearms.org/) to keep that CWP useful. :supergrin: No other gun rights-type organizations do much for CWP holders.

Already done that, but thanks anyways for the great advice. Every gun owner should heavily support Grassroots SC. I even have my long distance set up to donate 10% to them.

laserfeller
06-09-2007, 06:20
I got mine this week. It took 64 days.

GAFFN1
06-12-2007, 18:51
Congrats on the CWP's.....its like Christmas in June!!! Enjoy it!!!!