Recommendations for Sales Techniques books or DVDs [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Sales Techniques books or DVDs

cysoto
04-16-2007, 00:58
There is this old book that a friend of mind let me borrow named: How to Get People to Do Things (1979). It is really not a Sales Techniques related book but it has a lot of (very basic) techniques to demonstrate products and get people to make a purchasing decision. <p>I realized that there must be more modern sales techniques that address the buying habits of today's shoppers. I have never considered reading about this topic until now, and I admit that I do not know where to begin.

cysoto
04-16-2007, 01:11
Can someone please recommend any good books or DVDs (or any other media for that matter) to get me started? I am most interested in fairly recent publications but I am not opposed to exploring some of the "classics". <p>P.S. Sorry about this second post. I am typing on my phone and I am limited to only 500 characters per post.

1pRoscoe
05-13-2007, 22:15
It really depends on the nature of your business. I'd give different advice to a car salesperson than I would a lead gen rep for a Fortune 1000 company.

What do you do? I have a wealth of sales lit that I may be willing to ship, should you like.... Email in profile.