Alamance County [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Alamance County

jculp
04-16-2007, 02:47
Hi all.

I'm currently an Orange County resident renting in Carrboro. I'm looking to jump up to home ownership and buy a place -- probably in Burlington or Elon. The homes on our short list are in Alamance County. Is there anything interesting (any interpretation of the word) about the county w.r.t. gun laws that I should know about? Orange County has been pretty easy to get along with. They gave me no hassle and a pretty quick (~25 days) turnaround on my CCW. Is Alamance going to pull any shenanigans when that comes up for renewal? Were I to come into some cash, would I have any trouble with the proper ATF forms for a suppressor or a short-barreled rifle?

Thanks much for anything anyone could tell me!
James

JasonNC
04-25-2007, 19:34
Hey James,

Sorry to not answer your question, but being another Orange county resident, I was curious if you or someone you know had any luck getting a signature in Orange county for a SBR or Silencer. I really want to get a suppressor but don't see getting a sig. since the sheriff is a liberal

jculp
04-25-2007, 19:58
I don't have any experience with such sign offs. They were mighty helpful and expedient with my CHP, so I'd be surprised if you had any trouble. Unless you have some specific reason to worry about it, I don't think I'd write the sheriff off as a "liberal".

Good luck with the project! I'll look into it at some point myself, but I'll probably be in Alamance by then.

G23/40
04-25-2007, 20:41
Post your questions here.
There are a few people from around that area.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=34
G23/40:thumbsup: