Birmingham Gunshow - worth the drive ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham Gunshow - worth the drive ?

bamagrad89
04-16-2007, 08:14
Hello all.....a quick question for you. I live in Huntsville and am considering driving down to Birmingham for the Gunshow in late May.

My question is for those who have been recently, are there enough new and used handguns to make it worth a drive ? I was at the Huntsville gunshow last weekend and there was not that large of a selection look through. One of our local gunshops (Larry's) has a better selection than what was found at the gunshow here. I suspect Birmingham's will be much larger but thought some of you might have suggestions regarding it.

thanks !

tvick66
04-17-2007, 20:35
Overall I am very pleased with the Birmingham shows. They usually have a pretty good selection but I normally go in the Winter and Summer so I couldn't say what the turnout is like in May. The good news is I have never been and couldn't find something I really wanted but the bad news is I always find something I really want.

As for the drive, I don't consider Huntsville that far away so if it were me I would make the trip. Had a friend come down from Knoxville, the shows up there of late have been pathetic! I don't mean to offend but a great big dragon wrapped around a crystal ball has no interest or relevance to firearms for me.

If you have family, drop them off at the McWane Center and then cruise the show in peace.

Roro
04-20-2007, 00:52
When at the end of may is it? I might try to tag along with ya if you dont mind. i should have some extra $ by then and really want a ak...if i can find a deal

evilghost
04-21-2007, 20:36
Removed

Joe D
04-24-2007, 15:27
I hate to say this but the Alabama gun shows suck. They really stink compared to the Eastman shows around Atlanta. I told my friend GRR if I even mentioned going to another Birmingham show he was to kick me in the butt.