Thurman, Yates Reservoirs any info? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Thurman, Yates Reservoirs any info?

mossy500camo
04-16-2007, 12:33
I was told that Thurman, Yates Reservoirs in Tallassee AL(spell check) are both great places to launch smaller boats and a GREAT place to fish. Anybody have info?

mossy500camo
04-28-2007, 21:20
I just got back from Yates Dam. My nephew and I had a GREAT time there. This place is not over crowded, so theres some GOOD fishing to be done there. We caught a total of three bass, 5-6 Bluegill, and a nice size channel cat. Great FuN! Great place to take your family. :thumbsup:

ps
I caught the 3-4lb catfish on a Zebco 11 micro reel combo. That 'cat' fought like a monster. I didnt know exactly what I had at first. But then he went straight down, I figured then, it was a 'cat'. IMHO.... I thought that Mr Whiskers was going to break my little micro rod.:shocked: I caught a 3lb bass on the little combo as well.:supergrin:

pss
This place is owned by Alabama Power. They dont allow alcohol, firearms, etc. Security cameras are everywhere. (boat docks, ramps, etc):thumbsup:http://www.outdooralabama.com/fishing/freshwater/where/reservoirs/thurlowyates/