Question about the "pill" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question about the "pill"

BabyTaz
04-16-2007, 20:16
Is it possible to have your body just kind of "override" the pill? Could weight have something to do with it? It seems like I "start" later in my off week every month (I have only been back on them 5 months). Any help/imput would be appreciated! :supergrin:

Mrs. Tink
04-17-2007, 07:50
Hiya BT,

I think some studies have shown that increased BMI among women has caused decreased effectiveness in the Pill, and I assume this also means its effectiveness in "regulating". Certain specific brands, however, have been used in studies where this link did not seem to exist.

Maybe it depends on your brand? Probably best to ask your doc. :wavey:

Mrs. VR
04-18-2007, 08:57
yeah, I'd ask the doc, I am on the seasonal now, and it's never on what day I expect it. :rollingeyes:

April
04-18-2007, 13:46
I say just talk to the doc. I ain't exactly tiny but could tell you day and time to within a couple hours. Everybody's a little different when it comes to medicine.

Nephilim
04-19-2007, 06:49
Originally posted by BabyTaz
Is it possible to have your body just kind of "override" the pill? Could weight have something to do with it? It seems like I "start" later in my off week every month (I have only been back on them 5 months). Any help/imput would be appreciated! :supergrin:

Talk to your doctor.

You really don't want to mess around with the pill. The modern pill is extremely low dose compared to the original incarnations back in the 50s 60s and 70s. It is finely tuned and if things seem to be changing or happening differently you really need to bring it to the attention of your doctor. :)

sweetatergal
04-20-2007, 11:39
I'm with everyone else, talk to your doctor. But one question....do you take your pill everyday, the dame time of the day (for instance everyday at 5PM)?

I've noticed with mine that if sometimes I take mine later in the evening (like I forget to take it when I get home like I usually do) sometimes that has "thrown" mine off a bit on my "off" week.

MB-G26
04-23-2007, 22:58
It's been so very, VERY many years since I took the pill - I wish I had some recent info/experience/advice to offer :sad: I never had much great luck w/it anyway, in terms of regulating things.