Concealed carry law. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Concealed carry law.


Nosmik
04-17-2007, 13:31
I have been reading the TX Concealed Carry laws and wanted to make sure I understood.

On sub chapter 46.03, when it say:

"On the physical premises of a school, an educational institution, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or an educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private"

Do they refer to higher education, vocational schools and related or are they only talking about high schools and below?

Hawkes
04-17-2007, 15:07
Originally posted by Nosmik
I have been reading the TX Concealed Carry laws and wanted to make sure I understood.

On sub chapter 46.03, when it say:

"On the physical premises of a school, an educational institution, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or an educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private"

Do they refer to higher education, vocational schools and related or are they only talking about high schools and below?

This includes higher-education (college/university) as well. Not sure about vocational school. I think it has to be a "state accredited" institution, so I'd _guess_ no, but realize I'm not a lawyer, and you'd likely NOT want to be the test case. :)

Nosmik
04-17-2007, 18:04
Man, that sucks.
Today I saw the little pistol that's crossed-out sign but thought about the state CCW law for a moment and left the pistol in the truck. I did keept some other "goodies".

Hawkes
04-17-2007, 21:27
Originally posted by Nosmik
Man, that sucks.
Today I saw the little pistol that's crossed-out sign but thought about the state CCW law for a moment and left the pistol in the truck. I did keept some other "goodies".

If the location isn't one of the "forbidden" places, they need to post a 30.06 sign to actually be "off-limits" - the little "ghostbusters" signs don't "officially" mean anything to CHL holders.

All of this should of been covered in your CHL class.

Nosmik
04-18-2007, 08:15
The location in question is an educational facility. It was my understanding that they are off limits and didn't need the 30.06 sign according to 46.03.

Hawkes
04-18-2007, 09:21
Originally posted by Nosmik
The location in question is an educational facility. It was my understanding that they are off limits and didn't need the 30.06 sign according to 46.03.

Aha, then it falls into the "one of the "forbidden" places" clause I had above.. :)