Fox news just announced [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fox news just announced


TScottW99
04-17-2007, 13:35
Was just watching Fox News as I was getting ready for work. They just announced where the Glock was bought legally. Roanoke Firearms. I know we have at least one member who works there, lets show them our support. I have a feeling idiots will be showing up very soon.

Scott30
04-17-2007, 16:26
My local news (Richmond - WTVR) also said that the Glock 19 was purchased LEGALLY. Proper IDs (3) were presented and background checks were done. Roanoke Firearms did nothing wrong in their procedure that can be found at this time. I am sure the ATF took a look since they were on scene last night. News said that one of the RF workers thinks he remembered him and noted that he was clean cut and cast no suspicion.

DannyR
04-17-2007, 18:12
The sale was processed by the book. No wrongdoing on the part of Roanoke Firearms. John, the owner, presented himself very well on local and national TV. Sadly, there will be a backlash from Capitol Hill.

TScottW99
04-17-2007, 18:24
Originally posted by DannyR
The sale was processed by the book. No wrongdoing on the part of Roanoke Firearms. John, the owner, presented himself very well on local and national TV. Sadly, there will be a backlash from Capitol Hill.

I thought John did very well also.

I know it was by the book, I just figure the nut jobs will be out in force on every thing dealing with this. I just wanted to make sure people in our area help support John.

VA-Joe
04-17-2007, 18:31
I know John also, and I like the store and all the employees. They are very healpfull and know what they are talking about. Remember, Roanoke Firearms filled out the paperwork, it was the Virginia State Police that authorized the sale! I think that we should do what we can to support the store in the coming months.

watsoncb
04-17-2007, 19:53
I suspect that we will be needing to donate to support John and the store. If some set up a legal defense fund let us know.

Someone will sue them for selling the Glock regardless of the fact that it was a legal sale.

vafish
04-17-2007, 20:02
Originally posted by TScottW99
Was just watching Fox News as I was getting ready for work. They just announced where the Glock was bought legally. Roanoke Firearms. I know we have at least one member who works there, lets show them our support. I have a feeling idiots will be showing up very soon.

The idiots are showing up already.

Tons of press were at my kids middle and senior high schools.

The shooter went to the same High School as my daughter and his house was near my sons middle school.

One of the idiot reporters actually broke into the high school trying to get interviews.

Carlitos
04-17-2007, 21:15
Originally posted by watsoncb
I suspect that we will be needing to donate to support John and the store. If some set up a legal defense fund let us know.

Someone will sue them for selling the Glock regardless of the fact that it was a legal sale.

Seems like a distinct possibility. This tragedy had NOTHING to do with that dealer - anymore than a car crash is the car dealer's fault. Let us know how we can help.

Remember, Bloomberg got away with shutting down one dealer and hooked two others on a bogus "settlement" that still binds them. Let's not let the gun grabbers take out a store that apparently did nothing wrong.

DannyR
04-18-2007, 07:25
I'm going to stop by Roanoke Firearms in about 30 minutes and offer my support.

Bonk
04-19-2007, 04:10
Guys,

Over the past two days I have talked with three of the guys who work at Roanoke Firearms, including the owner and GM. They seem to be holding up well, although there's no denying that they're a little rattled. They've had dozens of loons calling, and when I drove by yesterday (working, couldn't stop) the parking lot still had news crews tying up spots. We all know that RF did nothing wrong, but as honest and stand-up humans there will always be the desire to try right the wrongs and second-guess ourselves despite that.

They need our support. Give them a call or if you're in the area, drop by. Buy something if you can, although simply seeing a smiling face will probably help as much, if not more. To borrow (or butcher) a line from McCartney and Lennon, we'll get by with a little help from our friends.

DannyR
04-19-2007, 04:43
There were three or four crews of news weasels there when I stopped by yesterday morning. One asked if he could interview me on camera but I declined. I placed my GSSF/IDPA/IPSC ready G17 on consignment with Dennis: adjustable Bo-Mar's, 3.5# connector, decal grips.

usndoc
04-19-2007, 08:02
I think it is time to get that G23 I have been thinking about.

EdTracker
04-19-2007, 08:20
Cho lied on the forms saying that he was mentally fit. He WAS committed against his will and therefore can not legally own a firearm. It was not caught by the background check so he ILLEGALLY acquired the firearm. He knew he was ineligible and lied on the form and therefore was criminal in his acquisition of the f'arm.

98C5
04-19-2007, 08:40
Anyone know if they are still open on Saturday? I was going to go there and give support and ammo.

usndoc
04-19-2007, 08:42
They are open on Saturday.

mouser
04-19-2007, 09:00
I just emailed "sales@roanokefirearms.com" (only address I could find - their website has been pulled) with a short support note. I'm sure more support would be appreciated (hint, hint).

TScottW99
04-19-2007, 20:57
Originally posted by DannyR
There were three or four crews of news weasels there when I stopped by yesterday morning. One asked if he could interview me on camera but I declined. I placed my GSSF/IDPA/IPSC ready G17 on consignment with Dennis: adjustable Bo-Mar's, 3.5# connector, decal grips.

Nice gun Danny! Stopped by today to get some ammo and drooled for a minute over your Glock.

MontanaBighorn
04-20-2007, 00:11
the wifey wants a p2000 and i was going to order it locally. i think instead ill contact roanoke and see if i can purchase it through them and have them ship it to my FFL for pick up. anybody know if theyre an hk dealer?

DannyR
04-20-2007, 04:45
Yes, they carry HK, Sig, Beretta, Kimber, Springfield, Wilson, S&W, Ruger, Bersa and others in addition to Glock.;)

Powder Monkey
04-20-2007, 05:04
Originally posted by Carlitos
Seems like a distinct possibility. This tragedy had NOTHING to do with that dealer - anymore than a car crash is the car dealer's fault...

Excellent point, my friend. Our local radio station (WFLS) took a cheap shot at Roanoke Firearms last night by announcing how many murders and suicides (five) have been committed by firearms purchased there since the store opened some eight years ago. This came on the air as I passed several auto dealerships, and had the same thought. Hmmm...been lusting after a new Marlin lever gun. I smell road trip to Roanoke this weekend. Should be great weather for a nice long drive in support of a good man.

Jocephus70
04-20-2007, 18:51
Stopped by there on Wednesday and picked up a new Serpa holster for my G23 and my boss bought one for his HK.:thumbsup:

Truckee
04-21-2007, 11:31
Originally posted by EdTracker
Cho lied on the forms saying that he was mentally fit. He WAS committed against his will and therefore can not legally own a firearm. It was not caught by the background check so he ILLEGALLY acquired the firearm. He knew he was ineligible and lied on the form and therefore was criminal in his acquisition of the f'arm.

Ed, I totally agree with you... this is my interpretation of the standard of 4473, line-f. As with this ENTIRE VT incident, the fault rests solely upon that WhackJob-A'hole's shoulders, PERIOD!
**************************

I have spent a pile of money at RFA in the past months. Yesterday, I stopped in, making a special trip of support. I dropped another pile... just because. I wrote the check, commenting that the BS they're suffering makes me ill to my core... here's a little help.

I hate to mention this as I don't want 'us' to slack off supporting a good store with good men... however, as DC and I chatted yesterday, he says that the outpouring from =us= has been terrific and business has been fairly good since the story broke. Keep up the good work and please help RFA with your funds.

Jake-Gallows
04-30-2007, 22:56
Sad thing about this is that the police were more than anxious to get out the name of the gun stores that the pistols where bought from, the media couldnt wait to get to the stores and set up camp and try to destroy these good people..........but just the other day, the police said that they had identified the store where Cho bought the chains and locks from that he used to chain closed the doors of the building.....BUT OUT OF FAIRNESS TO THE BUSINESS THEY WOULD NOT BE TELLING THE NAME TO THE PUBLIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What BS! I know the guys at Roanoke firearms, and can tell you that these guys are top notch. The reason I make the 45 minute drive from my house to Roanoke Firearms to pick up a $10.00 part is just to hang out with the good folks there while I am getting what I need.

Hunterjbb
05-01-2007, 19:44
Originally posted by Powder Monkey
This came on the air as I passed several auto dealerships, and had the same thought.

Wonder if we should start some kind of campaign to see how many cars those dealerships sold that were involved in a fatality?.. Drunk driving arrests ? etc.. plaster their names all over..

And this..
but just the other day, the police said that they had identified the store where Cho bought the chains and locks from that he used to chain closed the doors of the building.....BUT OUT OF FAIRNESS TO THE BUSINESS THEY WOULD NOT BE TELLING THE NAME TO THE PUBLIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goes to show you just how biased society is today.. Someone should send the cops a email and ask them why they are so two faced.

geez.

Jeff.