Wayne County CPL question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wayne County CPL question

medictg
04-18-2007, 09:57
Has anyone used the new process at the Wayne County Sheriff Center on Henry Ruff yet?? If so, what are the steps and who do I contact about making a fingerprint appt?? My wife is taking her CPL class Saturday and was wonderin. Also, how long is Wayne County taking on the approvals now???

MrJinx
04-19-2007, 15:57
Got mine about 2 years ago and did the fingerprinting at that locale as well. I got the premit in about 6 weeks. That was due in large to the hard work of several members of this board standing up to Wayne County. My thanks still goes out to them! From what I recall Wayne county used to require 2 letters of recommendation and played a game about "an appointment" being required for fingerprinting. I thought those issues were resloved.

Best regards

Tallbear
04-19-2007, 18:11
Originally posted by medictg
Has anyone used the new process at the Wayne County Sheriff Center on Henry Ruff yet?? If so, what are the steps and who do I contact about making a fingerprint appt?? My wife is taking her CPL class Saturday and was wonderin. Also, how long is Wayne County taking on the approvals now???

I'm sure you wife will be one of the first to go through this new process.

When you turn in your paperwork at the new Clerk office (located in the Sheriff office on Henry Ruff) you will receive a "control number" that means you have Paid the fee. You can then walk over to the Sheriffs side of the lobby and asked to be printed. They may require you to make an appointment depending on their workload.

Timing for approval is about 8 weeks. Let me know if you have any problems and I'll try to help.

medictg
04-30-2007, 17:34
Well, we went in today for her fingerprints and application drop off. For Wayne County, this was a good experience. The whole process only took a half an hour and would have only taken 5 minutes if the Dep would have gotten off his arse and did his job in a timely manner. I know it is alot to ask for, but I can dream. Also, FYI, the Deps there ONLY do fingerprinting for CPL's from 1300 - 1500 so you have to time it right. We shall see how long this all takes now. In her class, there was also an employee from the Secretary of State's office getting her permit. She said that Terri Lynn Land is largely in favor of the SOS taking over the whole process and making the CPL an endorsement on your driver's license, making the whole renewal process much easier. She is actually actively trying to get the process moved under her so I guess we shall see what happens.....

10 Ring Tao
04-30-2007, 22:48
She said that Terri Lynn Land is largely in favor of the SOS taking over the whole process and making the CPL an endorsement on your driver's license,

And I've heard the complete opposite. I think it was from one of the SAFR folks.

gsbell
05-01-2007, 08:08
Originally posted by medictg
She said that Terri Lynn Land is largely in favor of the SOS taking over the whole process and making the CPL an endorsement on your driver's license, making the whole renewal process much easier. She is actually actively trying to get the process moved under her so I guess we shall see what happens.....

That is complete BS she has been stalling for years, bills to accomplish this have died. She is the only reason I didn't vote straight ticket last election.