Giuliani Flip Flops Again [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Giuliani Flip Flops Again

IronHorseman
04-21-2007, 19:09
Two-faced Giuliani flip-flops again!

Group: alt.rec.guns Date: Sat, Apr 21, 2007, 9:48pm (CDT+5) From: liberty@once.net (Freedom_Fighter)
Rudy: Switching on guns, abortion
BY CRAIG GORDON
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/ny-usrudy0420,0,3280554.story?coll=ny-top-headlines April 19, 2007, 9:21 PM EDT
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Rudolph Giuliani Thursday linked the 1995 bombing of a federal building here to the Virginia Tech massacre by speaking in the role he wants Republicans to remember -- the leader who guided another terror-battered city through tragedy.
But this week's events highlight another side of Giuliani -- the presidential candidate who once bluntly rejected some of his party's core beliefs, only to switch his stances now to walk in step with GOP faithful.
Giuliani this week issued statements on gun control and late-term abortion that differ sharply from his previous positions, opening him up to "flip-flop" charges by activists. The gun control switch seems particularly stark.
As New York mayor, Giuliani didn't just support tough controls -- he became former President Bill Clinton's go-to Republican to lobby a GOP Congress to back an assault-weapons ban.
Later, Giuliani joined a lawsuit against gun makers and called for a "uniform law passed by Congress" to regulate handgun ownership.
[While disarming law-abiding citizens, denying them the right to protect themselves from violent criminals, Giuliani equipped the NYPD with overkill 9 mm. automatics, 15 rounds per clip. Poorly trained and even rogue cops then used these several times to kill innocent, unarmed citizens. Giuliani always defended his police-state private Gestapo, no matter how egregious their misconduct.]
This week, however, his campaign didn't mention that. Instead, spokeswoman Maria Comella said, "He supports reasonable restrictions and believes that in most cases it's best left up to the states to determine what those restrictions are."
Giuliani said Thursday the Virginia Tech massacre calls out for solutions, but he ducked questions about whether one such solution would be greater gun control.
On the abortion issue, Giuliani issued a statement praising the Supreme Court for its decision Wednesday upholding a ban on so-called partial-birth abortion. But as recently as 2000, he was still voicing support for allowing the procedure.
During the campaign, Giuliani has stood by his support for abortion rights more broadly. Comella defended Giuliani's position now, saying the ban upheld by Congress is "fundamentally different" from the one he opposed in the past, because it now includes scientific findings about protecting the life of the mother.
Charles Cook, an independent political analyst in Washington, said the perception that Giuliani is switching positions for political convenience could cause him trouble with Republican voters -- though he's already in trouble with some for his initial positions on gun control and abortion.
"Whether people see him as a flip-flopper, or whether people see him as out of the Republican mainstream, either way it's a problem," Cook said. "The more the gun issue is in the news, the more abortion is in the news, the harder it is for Rudy Giuliani."
Copyright 2007 Newsday Inc.
------------------------------
Though sworn to uphold our Constitution, by the end of 2002 the courts had found Giuliani in violation of the First Amendment TWENTY SEVEN TIMES. Mayor David Dinkins, his predecessor in office, bravely stated that Giuliani is "
- a bully, mean-spirited, and he rules through fear and intimidation." New York's previous mayor, Ed Koch, has said that Giuliani " - uses the levers of power to punish." Former schools Chancellor Rudy Crew, a one-time pal of Giuliani, stated: "There's something very deeply pathological about Rudy's humanity - - He was barren, completely emotionally barren, on the issue of race." Giuliani's vile racism has even been acknowledged by his successor, Mayor Bloomberg: "You forget that every single decision [in the Giuliani administration], everybody, every story, everything was always couched in terms of race" - quoted in the November 4, 2003 Daily News from Vanity Fair magazine.
Among the many hypocrisies and arrogant abuses of power by "mayor morality" was the assignment, at taxpayer expense, of several NYPD detectives as round-the-clock bodyguards for his MISTRESS.
But the tyrant's own words say it best:
" - FREEDOM IS NOT A CONCEPT IN WHICH PEOPLE CAN DO ANYTHING THEY WANT, BE ANYTHING THEY CAN BE. FREEDOM IS ABOUT AUTHORITY. FREEDOM IS ABOUT THE WILLINGNESS OF EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING TO CEDE TO LAWFUL AUTHORITY A GREAT DEAL OF DISCRETION ABOUT WHAT YOU DO AND HOW YOU DO IT."
- Mayor Giuliani, quoted in the New York Times, March 17, 1994.
"State authority must provide for peace and order, and peace and order in turn must conversely make possible the existence of state authority. Within these two poles all life must now revolve...Ideas of 'freedom,' mostly of a misunderstood nature, inject themselves into the state conceptions of these circles." - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf.
Berlin, Monday, Aug. 20, 1934 -- Eighty-nine and nine-tenths percent of the German voters endorsed in yesterday's plebiscite Chancellor Hitler's assumption of greater power than has ever been possessed by any other ruler in modern times. Nearly 10 per cent indicated their disapproval. The result was expected.

4sarge
04-21-2007, 19:25
It's scary, if he's the Repub Candidate I don't believe he'd Veto any Anti Gun legislation and who knows what he would support once he's in. Hillary or O'Bama :tongueout: What a Choice ;)

I'm still hoping for Fred Thompson but don't think that he will be the Repub candidate in 2008 :shocked:

IronHorseman
04-21-2007, 19:47
Hilary vs Rudy is like Satan vs a demon.

I`m voting for Ron Paul

tlish
04-23-2007, 18:00
the prospects don't look good, do they? :sad:

mpholic
04-24-2007, 08:56
Originally posted by tlish
the prospects don't look good, do they? :sad:

I have never been an advocate of voting for 3rd party candidates. I have always believed it is a wasted vote and can indirectly put the wrong candidate in office.

If the current crop of forerunners are nominated and make it to the general election I am going to have to eat crow about the 3rd party voting situation.

I don't see me voting for Guiliani. I just can't bring myself to do it. So what choice does that leave me? Maybe disgruntled Republicans need to band together and make a real push for a quality 3rd party candidate. Would a 3rd party have any real chance?