reserve jobs [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : reserve jobs

TOROZA
04-22-2007, 17:56
Hi. wondering what would be some good fields to look at for the AF reserves, knowing that the choices are fewer than regular AF. I'm 39 so pararescue isnt in the cards for me. I am ex-Army so pretty much anything would be better than the cluster**** that was the Army reserves. thanks for your help.

najaboy
04-25-2007, 13:06
The choices definitely aren't fewer. In my experience, your options are far broader in the Reserves than they would be with Active Duty.

It's cliché, but the good career fields to look into are going to be those which interest you most. What sort of things do you enjoy doing or want to do?

Sam White
04-25-2007, 16:49
I was in the Army Reserve. I'm currently in the Air Guard, not the Air Force Reserve, but they're similar.

I like the Air Guard a lot better. My Air Guard unit is very organized and professional.

The Regular Air Force is pretty much closed to prior service types (especially non-AF) these days. The Reserves and Guard are open to a lot of fields if you're willing/able to do the schools.

A "good" job is what works for you. What were you in the Army? What do you think you'd like in the AF? You don't have to do pararescue. What's open usually depends on which base you're talking to when you're doing research.