Pile of Crap non hunting cop [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pile of Crap non hunting cop

Rat
04-22-2007, 21:06
I wont mention no names...but.... I have been huntin on some property for years. I built a house for a farmer at a really good rate. Part of the deal was that I could always hunt there when I want. Well this year a (Hint) Fat City cop and his dirt bag buddy whose only hunting experience is shooting caged hogs (paid for) with their nines for experience, messed me up this year.

These guys came out and bribed the farmer into letting them hunt. The farmer told them which area I was hunting and asked them to give me my space. Opening day of bow and rifle I was looking both of these clowns in the face. Opening day of bow they decided to stomp around and makes some blinds...breaking branches and so on right next to me. After the farmer warned them again that I was hunting in that area, here they come again opening day of rifle season. This time they had already sneaked a stand in right next to me. I shined a light opening morning but he kept coming. He climbed up in a tree within 40 yards from me and had a stare down contest....what a bunch a jerks. Well I just found out that they might be coming back again this year. I am pissed and ready. I am hoping he will see the post as I heard he might be a member here. You need to go step on someone else. If it were vise versa I would have showed you respect. You cost me big money this year in gas, bait, time and so on. There is alot of land to hunt elsewhere so move on dirt bag!
You guys set up stands inside of a bedding area...took a ***** all over the woods and so on. I wear rubber boots scent free clothes and for what? Go ruin someone elses time on some state land!

Opinions and suggestions???

Ender
04-22-2007, 21:41
ask your property owner to tell them they can't hunt there any more...

JohnJak
04-23-2007, 04:50
When he is in the tree blind it's time to bring out the chain saw.:banana:

Rat
04-23-2007, 05:40
Believe me, the chainsaw has crossed my mind! Also when the guys are giving him a large sum of money it is hard for me to say anything. It makes me pretty mad when I cut the farmer a heck of a good deal on building a house for him. If I had known he was going to change things I wouldnt have went for it. Its the other guys that really tick me off. They knew where I was hunting and over stepped their welcome.

You see, the farmer let them hunt and pay afterward. He is thinking this way he wont be liable in the case they get hurt on his property. I didnt think that it mattered and that he was liable reguardless? He is taking the money as a tip???
Anyway I was in hope that they were going to stiff him by paying after. Well they finally paid him so I am sure they will be coming back this year. :2gun:

Tallbear
04-23-2007, 09:45
Did they get a deer? Did you?

Rat
04-23-2007, 13:43
Originally posted by Tallbear
Did they get a deer? Did you?

Hey hows it going (MGO)Tallbear?

No they didnt get a deer. All they did was mess things up for everybody. They have no knowledge about the way the deer are using the property. I usually get a deer or so every year. Last year I did no good...and you know why.

Tallbear
04-23-2007, 21:44
Originally posted by Rat
Hey hows it going (MGO)Tallbear?

No they didnt get a deer. All they did was mess things up for everybody. They have no knowledge about the way the deer are using the property. I usually get a deer or so every year. Last year I did no good...and you know why.

I'd do a "back up" plan for if they show up. Say, another stand a couple 100 yards away. (Always have a back up plan!!) If they ****inue to use your "prime" area, make it "un -prime" by changing the route deer take. Just cut some brush and place it on the primary trails to "funnel" the deer past your "new" area. I've done that on public land and it worked for me.

Rat
04-24-2007, 17:34
Originally posted by Tallbear
I'd do a "back up" plan for if they show up. Say, another stand a couple 100 yards away. (Always have a back up plan!!) If they ****inue to use your "prime" area, make it "un -prime" by changing the route deer take. Just cut some brush and place it on the primary trails to "funnel" the deer past your "new" area. I've done that on public land and it worked for me.

Sounds like a good idea!;)

Tallbear
04-24-2007, 19:35
Originally posted by Rat
Sounds like a good idea!;)

When they don't see deer, maybe they'll leave. And you can always remove the brush and get the deer to go back to their old route.

Alpha Male
04-26-2007, 11:13
Opinions and suggestions???

Buy your own property?

These guys came out and bribed the farmer into letting them hunt.

Yeah...I'm sure the farmer conceded access under duress.

:upeyes:

You'll lose the fight Rat, and get yourself all worked up in the process. Go talk to your farmer / customer.

Rat
04-28-2007, 09:03
Originally posted by Alpha Male
Buy your own property?

Yeah...I'm sure the farmer conceded access under duress.

:upeyes:

You'll lose the fight Rat, and get yourself all worked up in the process. Go talk to your farmer / customer.

I agree I should just buy my own and I would love to do so. I am already worked up and I guess I shouldnt be? I just gave a farmer a deal of a life time on building a house that came out of my pocket. This was not in the fine print. I dont want to get worked up but also dont want to give up my hunting spot that I already paid for up front.