NEW RANGE, Maybe ! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NEW RANGE, Maybe !

Court in FL.
04-23-2007, 10:04
Hi Guys, I found this in my Email this morning.

Court in FL.

Please pass this around to your friends in South Florida.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please see attached flyer regarding the proposed Public Shooting Park. Mark you calendars to attend the public workshop.

Dianne Cahill
Special Projects Coordinator
Palm Beach County
Facilities Development & Operations
(561) 233-0202
FAX (561) 233-0206
dcahill@co.palm-beach.fl.us

Palm Beach County

and

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission

Public Shooting Park Workshop

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A workshop on the proposed public shooting

park is scheduled for Tuesday, June 12, 2007,

6:30 p.m. at the Clayton Hutcheson Agricultural

Center located at 559 N. Military Trail in West

Palm Beach.

The workshop is being jointly hosted by the

Board of County Commissioners/Facilities

Development & Operations Department and the

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation

Commission.

The purpose of the workshop is to present the recently acquired 80+ acres for a future public

shooting park and to solicit input from the public on the desired range features, amenities, and days

and hours of operation.

A follow-up workshop will be scheduled for August to present conceptual layouts, operating

models and time tables for development. A notice will be sent out to everyone on the mailing and

e-mail list when a date for the August workshop is determined.

We look forward to hearing your input on the Public Shooting Park in June.

Board of County Commissioners County Administrator

Addie L. Greene, Chairperson Robert Weisman

Jeff Koons, Vice Chairman

Karen T. Marcus

Warren H. Newell

Mary McCarty

Burt Aaronson

Jess R. Santamaria

itsnitro
04-23-2007, 10:07
About damn time! Hopfully they will let us bring our own Ammo! better have a lot of lanes!!!!! I'll be there!

2 Samuel 22
04-23-2007, 19:56
Thanks Court! Calendar marked, I wonder where it will be located?

avmech
04-24-2007, 05:17
I heard grumblings that the county was considering a site close to the "Sheriff's Range"......in"" because it originally was to be a public range. Date noted on calendar. Thanks Court

avmech
04-29-2007, 18:44
Should be Tuesday the 12

Court in FL.
04-29-2007, 20:05
Your right avmech, that date falls on a Tuesday.
I copy & pasted the PDF file I was sent.

I think it would be a good idea to email Dianne Cahill before the meeting to make sure we show up on the correct date.

I think Sara Brady may have sabotaged that Email alert.

Court in FL.

avmech
04-30-2007, 09:19
Word is getting around these parts, has been posted on other sites too (with Tuesday). Let's hope we get a big turn out

Thanks for the original heads-up Court

pcmike
05-14-2007, 12:55
I emailed Dianne Cahill about the information posted in this thread and she did in fact confirm that it would be taking place as described in the first post. Also, if anyone is interested here is a link to the April 10th, 2007 BCC meeting in which the land transfer and the public meetings to come up with recommendations for the shooting park were approved: http://www.pbcountyclerk.com/minutes/2007/pdf/04102007.pdf

They make mention that there is going to be two public meetings, evidently this one in June then another in August (at least I think I read August somewhere else in all my researcher at 4am) and finally the FWCC is suppose to report back to the BCC in September with a business plan to get approval before going forward with the shooting park. So it looks like its at least a year off, but at least its something! Be sure to show up to the MEETING(S) in order to get what you desire in a shooting park.

Quick question for you avmech: what other sites has this been posted on? I'd love to add some more bookmarks related to shooting in South Florida!

Thank you.

Originally posted by Court in FL.
Your right avmech, that date falls on a Tuesday.
I copy & pasted the PDF file I was sent.

I think it would be a good idea to email Dianne Cahill before the meeting to make sure we show up on the correct date.

I think Sara Brady may have sabotaged that Email alert.

Court in FL.

avmech
05-14-2007, 18:23
I think it was Court that posted it on Florida Shooter's Network, I posted it in the southeast section of the FLorida Sportsman forum, in a post someone else started about the land for the range, one of my pilots put a heads up on some of his shooting forums (TSSA for one, I think), don't remember if I posted on AR15.com.

THanks for the link Mike. I will be there at the meetings

Dot_mdb
06-04-2007, 18:13
Meeting June 12. Clayton Hutcheson Agricultural Center, 559 N. Military Trail, West Palm Beach.

Court in FL.
06-04-2007, 18:29
From what I remember the Agricultural Center is about half way between Southern Blvd and Belvedere Road, just west of the Airport.
On the West side of Military trail.

Court in FL.

xaosflux
06-04-2007, 19:24
A good model to follow would be the Indian River Public Range (http://www.ircgov.com/Departments/General_Services/Shooting_Range/Index.htm )

A nice addition would be if multiple firing positions were allowed on the pistol range.

tlrbud
06-05-2007, 17:16
The Agricultural Center is behind the Driver License Bldg. on Military Trail. It can be confusing to find it. If you take the little road "Golf Road" just north of the Driver Lic. Bldg. on Military, it will take you into the Ag Center complex.

M67Chucker
06-06-2007, 18:50
The main goal of the meeting Tuesday night (6/12/07) is for citizens to show support for the construction of this range. The last time they tried this nobody showed and PBSO got thier range and we got nothing. I will make sure that I am there Tuesday night at the Clayton Hutchenson Agricultural Center to show support for this project. I would urge all fellow GTer's that can go to do so.

See you Tuesday:thumbsup:

noway
06-06-2007, 23:27
If I can make it I'm showing up.

FWIW: I would like public archery range also. I lobby the idea around here in Broward with the parks and recreation dept and my area Comissioner with no neg/pro response. If PBC get this ( archery ) and a good decent handgun/rifle range, I will be makin alot more trips up the FL-TRPK.

Dot_mdb
06-12-2007, 22:03
I was at the meeting. It looked like 200 - 250 people showed up. The room was full. The bad news is that this range is probably 5 years or more away. The next public meeting is in August.

How many others from this forum were there?

Bill

avmech
06-13-2007, 18:18
Standing room only is a great thing as it was last night.......I was impressed by the turnout....way to go guys:thumbsup:

Court in FL.
06-13-2007, 18:42
I was there.
I have been watching the shooters in Palm Beach County trying to get a public range built here for about the last 30 years.
The county in the past has made promises and then later changed their mind.
But I will say the meeting last night is the largest I have ever seen and I was impressed with the optimism of the people who put on the meeting.

I like the idea of letting the Palm Beach Community College bear the cost of bringing water,sewage and electric service to the area when they build their facility just to the North of the range area.

A lot can change in 5 years so keep your fingers crossed.

Court in FL.