Add gun to existing CFP in Nevada. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Add gun to existing CFP in Nevada.

max-s
04-23-2007, 13:37
If I want to add a new gun to my existing CFP I heard I need to qualify with that gun. Does that mean I need to take the whole CCW course again or do I only need to qualify for the handling and shooting part. I can't seem to find any info about this except that it says that you need to qualify for that gun. I read that the Sheriff may charge a $25 fee to add or replace a handgun on your permit but again 'You must qualify with the new handgun' and no explanation what the procedure is. Maybe someone can help me out that has added a gun to his permit in Nevada. TIA

Max

RMTactical
04-23-2007, 15:29
You just have to qualify with the new gun(s) and then go back down to the station and get a NEW permit... I think the gun store on trop charges $25/gun.

I think that's how it goes... I had to add a couple guns a couple years ago...

Lame... I know...

max-s
04-23-2007, 23:17
Originally posted by RMTactical
You just have to qualify with the new gun(s) and then go back down to the station and get a NEW permit... I think the gun store on trop charges $25/gun.

I think that's how it goes... I had to add a couple guns a couple years ago...

Lame... I know...

Yep, you're correct. I asked my gun instructor tonight after class and he said you need to and can qualify the new gun(s) with any certified instructor or range master. Cost is $25.00. You both go to the range and qualify by shooting the rounds and distance needed. You then receive a signed document and off you go to add the gun to your CFP at the permit station. It sounds like a hassle but I personally don't mind and I think it's a good and safe way to show competence with that gun.

Quiet
04-24-2007, 12:57
All you Nevada residents should call your state representative to encourage them to support and vote for SB237.

It's a reciprocity bill for NV CCW.

It also, changes how handguns are listed on your CCW permit, from how it is done currently to a generalized form.

Meaning, currently, you have to qualify with every handgun you want to carry. Then that handgun is listed on your permit.

The new version, has you qualify with a "category" firearm. Meaning you qualify with a semi-auto pistol, revolver or both and that's what's listed on your permit. So, if you qualify with both categories, you can carry any pistol or revolver you want.

Here's a link to SB237, click on Amend. No. 165 for the new info on listing handguns on your CCW permit.
http://leg.state.nv.us/74th/Reports/history.cfm?ID=580

ZIPGRAVER
04-28-2007, 16:58
SB 237 is a given.... almost. It was voted 20-1 FOR in the senate and should have no problem passing the assembly.:thumbsup:

Contact your rep and urge him to vote yes on it. You can get contact info here.http://www.leg.state.nv.us./

Slmpickins26
04-30-2007, 20:44
If you have a CCW you have to qualify with the gun you want to add. Then pay $25.00 to add it to you CCW. It's free to drop gun. My trainer dose a half day of training. Then allows you to add up to 3 guns on your CCW for $50.00. If you want his # PM me.