Jetway motherboards [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Jetway motherboards

rimfire22
04-23-2007, 14:15
I know this is a very general question, but what is the reputation of jetway motherboards. Computer store nearby says they are a good board for the buck.

HAVOC
04-23-2007, 14:20
Cheap.

Not inexpensive. Just plain ol' cheap.

For inexpensive try Asrock, DFI, Foxconn or (maybe) Chaintech.

HAVOC
04-23-2007, 14:22
Oh, buy online and you can get a good board for the price of an OK board in a store.

David_G17
04-23-2007, 18:30
find out what model of motherboard they are talking about, then read the reviews here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&Manufactory=1521&N=50001521

Blitzer
04-23-2007, 20:38
None of the 31 boards listed on this site are around for resale. Tell you something?

http://www.dealtime.com/xPP-motherboards-jetway_motherboards~PG-2

Tom's hardware review is from 1995?

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/09/21/three_premium_nforce4_motherboards_from_gigabyte/

srhoades
04-23-2007, 22:11
I would avoid Foxconn like the plague. Unless they have switched whatever vendor was supplying their capacitors.

aaronrkelly
04-23-2007, 22:42
When buying motherboards I stick to the more well known names.

MSI, ASUS, ABIT, INTEL, DFI etc.

MSI makes inexpensive boards and I have always had good luck with them.

I would skip the Jetway....

grethor
05-18-2007, 09:46
Quote: When buying motherboards I stick to the more well known names.

I would skip the Jetway.... /Quote

I will second that. I've built 4 machines using MSI boards, 3 machines with ASUS boards, 1 machine with an intel board, 1 machine with a gigabyte board.

All 4 machines w/ MSI boards are still alive and kickin after years of me running the hell out of them, great boards.

Although ASUS has a good reputation, I've had nothing but problems with their boards, same with GIGABYTE.

Intel makes some really nice and stable boards, although you can only get them with intel processors.

IndyGunFreak
05-18-2007, 17:43
Originally posted by grethor
Quote: When buying motherboards I stick to the more well known names.

I would skip the Jetway.... /Quote

I will second that. I've built 4 machines using MSI boards, 3 machines with ASUS boards, 1 machine with an intel board, 1 machine with a gigabyte board.

All 4 machines w/ MSI boards are still alive and kickin after years of me running the hell out of them, great boards.

Although ASUS has a good reputation, I've had nothing but problems with their boards, same with GIGABYTE.

Intel makes some really nice and stable boards, although you can only get them with intel processors.

Agreed...

MSI is the board I generally prefer, but I've also used a lot of Asus boards with plenty of success. The machine I just replaced last year, ran an Asus A7N8X for 1.5yrs, and was running fine before I rebuilt my system. I put it in an old case, and gave it to a kid in the neighborhood who's PC had burned up. Far as I know, its still running fine.

After those two, its Abit, after that, nothing. I won't use any board but the above 3.

IGF