Playstation 3 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3

quichedem
04-23-2007, 15:52
It occurred to me today that I want a PS3, but I'm not spending all that money on it. That's another GLOCK! Anyways, I was curious about other's opinions on the console, its sales, and anticipated games. Thus far it's been a dissappointment to me, but I love game series like Gran Turismo, Hitman, Metal Gear, and Tomb Raider. I will probably get one of these things when a few of these games are released, but not until. I just think it's silly to buy a new console when these things are getting to be dedicated computers. I'd rather buy a new computer, and just get it over with. The only thing that is crappy is that some of these game makers won't make computer releases, and you have to find a version that someone made to work on a computer. Ok, there's my rant. What do you think?

gruntmedik
04-23-2007, 20:50
I'm kinda in the same boat, I would like to have one because of Gran Turismo, but I'll wait til then to decide.

freakshow10mm
04-25-2007, 10:41
Paying $400 for an Xbox 360 last year was quite a stretch. There is no way in hell I'd pay $600 for a PS3. I think the PS3 is a joke. Maybe I'll get one if they are $100 or so.

gunz
05-13-2007, 10:15
I have all three systems, 360, WII, and PS3.
What can I say? No kids, and more money than sense I guess.
I really love the 360. About 70% of my gaming time is spent on that. Almost the rest is spent on the WII. The game selection on the PS3 is just not there right now. I use it more for a bluray player than a game system.
I am still glad I got it though, it is still the cheapest Bluray player by far, and I used to play Resistance alot.
If I wasn't such a hardcore gamer I would not have gotten it so early in the life cycle.

Ferox
05-13-2007, 10:53
the ps3 is doing horrible sales. I have been a PS fanboi since original PS came out back in the 90s, but they have slipped on this one, and suprisingly Nintento has come out of the dump its been in for near 15 years to make a great system. PS3 has nice graphics going for it.. and thats about it, besides a supreme lack of games and buggy setup.

wii has sold more then triple(think its more actually) then xbox and ps3 combined, and IMO its a better system. Nintendo has also finally gotten rid of the whole " kiddie" image.

NOthing more fun then playing the godfather(fully mature) on WII and actually using the wii controls to punch, headbut, and strangle people.

I may look into the ps3 years down the road when its $200 and been through a lot of changes, but until then WII is the system for me.

Travispitt
05-13-2007, 22:43
I'll be getting a 360 once gta4 is out. but the main reason I want the 360 is forza 2 I liked forza better than gran torismo

DreamWeaver88
05-28-2007, 08:37
As of right now, probably half of the people (maybe more) that bought a PS3 did so to use it as a movie player.

It's just not worth it to get one right now. Maybe after a price drop and some good games come out.

With Halo 3 (if it's better than 2) and Wolfenstein 360 comeing out on the Xbox 360 later this year.....the PS3 has no chance of finding it's way into my home.

DW

jason10mm
05-29-2007, 07:33
I'll pick up a PS3 when it hits $450, unless a much cheaper blu-ray player comes out or PS3 hits a HUGE home run with some exclusive game. But IMHO the 360 plus HD-DVD add-on offers the best mix of movies and games.

I don't think the PS3 will pull ahead on anything for several years when some monster first party game loaded with 20 gigs of HD cutscenes and levels with their own textures comes out. alas by then the game will cost $100 due to the resources it will take and the xbox will be on its next evolution and trump it yet again.

RyanSBHF
06-01-2007, 20:49
Originally posted by Ferox
wii has sold more then triple(think its more actually) then xbox and ps3 combined, and IMO its a better system. Nintendo has also finally gotten rid of the whole " kiddie" image.

NOthing more fun then playing the godfather(fully mature) on WII and actually using the wii controls to punch, headbut, and strangle people.

Your numbers are a bit off, but you're correct that the Wii is outselling the PS3:

Wii sales worldwide = 7.37 million
PS3 sales worldwide = 5.5 million
360 sales worldwide = 10.8 million

The 360 figures are a bit iffy, since Microsoft listed the number of units shipped rather than sold. Also if you liked the Godfather, you'll probably like Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, http://media.wii.ign.com/media/853/853595/vids_1.html