I officially threw in the towel.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I officially threw in the towel..

breech
04-24-2007, 23:09
It's been a long and crazy ride. I am officially done with EMS all together. I was going to finish out this week and soak it all in but I decided to call it quits ahead of schedule. I spent the last 6 years as a paramedic. I'm really going to miss it but I'm just moving "next door". :thumbsup: I'm headed off into a LE career. Gonna start the city academy in May. Can't wait!

nam02G
04-25-2007, 10:04
Quitter. :supergrin:

Actually you might be able to still do EMS. Don't SWAT teams have a medic on the team to patch up people in the event of injury?

GusDog
04-25-2007, 15:55
Good luck breech. I'm actually making the same transition now myself.

GeoEMTP
04-29-2007, 14:44
Just don't forget where ya come from. No RA's for the "too-drunk-for-jail" at 0300!

Tvov
04-29-2007, 15:40
I don't know about done with EMS altogether, the PD in our town are also first responders and have to be EMS certified.

Anyway, good luck!

breech
04-29-2007, 17:36
Originally posted by Tvov
I don't know about done with EMS altogether, the PD in our town are also first responders and have to be EMS certified.

Anyway, good luck!

Not so with the city of Houston. If I get on scene and the person needs medical attention, "Send EMS to my location.." :supergrin:
I honestly think I am completely done with EMS. There's no turning back now.
Don't worry GeoEMTP. I won't forget.

Skintop911
04-29-2007, 20:20
Originally posted by breech
Not so with the city of Houston. If I get on scene and the person needs medical attention, "Send EMS to my location.." :supergrin:
I honestly think I am completely done with EMS. There's no turning back now.
Don't worry GeoEMTP. I won't forget.

Keep your certs alive, just in case. It will also add a new dimension to your policing, testimony, and future career opportunities.

Those I know who let their creds lapse when moving from EMS to LE, or vice versa, regretted it.

breech
04-29-2007, 20:29
I recently recerted so it doesn't expire until 10/09. More than likely I'll recert again just for the heck of it. I paid for my education so even though I'm not in the field anymore I'll hang onto it.