Ranges around Seymour Johnson AFB or Goldsboro area? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ranges around Seymour Johnson AFB or Goldsboro area?

USMC03Grunt
04-25-2007, 17:22
There's a chance the wife and I will be transfering to Seymour Johnson AFB. Anybody know what shooting ranges are around the area? Thanks

jcshelto
04-29-2007, 18:15
Originally posted by USMC03Grunt
There's a chance the wife and I will be transfering to Seymour Johnson AFB. Anybody know what shooting ranges are around the area? Thanks

Actually, there is a range less than ten minutes from SJ AFB. It is called "Eastern N.C. Shooter's Club." It is a pretty nice outdoor range, and they are adding a lot of new stuff. I try and go a couple times a month.

-Julian

point4zero
05-03-2007, 15:43
Originally posted by USMC03Grunt

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=695022

It would probably take you less than 5 minutes to get there from SJAFB. You would even get a military discount on top of their already great prices.

Glockster35
05-28-2007, 09:52
The webiste doesn't mention prices, any idea what the breakdow is? I am military if that helps!

point4zero
05-28-2007, 09:59
I won't try to quote the exact prices because I may get them wrong, but use the contact info on the site and call Ken. He's a really nice guy. I assure you, the prices are awesome!!! For example, most ranges have an hourly fee of about $10/hr. I think Ken has a monthly plan of $25 per month. Again, don't quote me on that.

I plan on being out there later today.

leper65
05-30-2007, 07:08
I paid $100 back in January to renew, and that was with me being retired AF. I believe that was going up slightly. To keep the prices down he requires you buy ammo from him (handgun only I think) and his prices are good on it. Some of it is cheaper than Walmart, some a hair more. If you load/reload your own, I believe it's an additional $75 a year.

Ken is a great guy as are all the guys that work there. I don't get there enough!