Jobless in Roanoke [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Jobless in Roanoke

DannyR
04-26-2007, 08:33
Well, I'm out of work again. I don't need much at this stage of my life, but I do need something. $10.00 per hour and health insurance would help. I'm willing to work up to 6:00pm weekdays and up to noon on Saturdays. I'll be 63 in July and really hate to start my Social Security. I appreciate any leads. I've been applying to about 10 jobs per week advertised in the Roanoke Times and the VEC web site. So far, two interviews and zero offers.
-Danny Ryan

vafish
04-26-2007, 08:44
Danny,

Sorry to hear about your job loss.

I think the commute would kill you coming to my office.

Good luck in the job hunt.

TScottW99
04-26-2007, 13:32
Sorry to hear that Danny. I just checked the college human resources page. There are several jobs listed, accountant, human resources and another director job which I just forgot.

I'll keep my eyes open for you.

Smitty258
04-27-2007, 20:32
I work for Loomis Armored up on Lee Highway just over the Botetourt County line. They are always looking for people. It's not a hard job, but it does have long hours. Most runs are back before 6 though. Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

Good luck!

Bonk
04-28-2007, 13:21
Danny, I'll see if I can't chase you down a lead or two. There's got to be something. ;)

Norstrog
05-03-2007, 20:48
VAFish I would look at Carilion. There are a number of hospitals in the area, pay is okay, and benefits are good. Not all departments are as good to work for as mine but benefits wise it's worth while and there are a large variety of different types of positions.

www.carilion.com

TScottW99
05-04-2007, 06:35

vafish
05-04-2007, 14:13
Originally posted by Norstrog
VAFish I would look at Carilion. There are a number of hospitals in the area, pay is okay, and benefits are good. Not all departments are as good to work for as mine but benefits wise it's worth while and there are a large variety of different types of positions.

www.carilion.com

Danny is the one looking for the job, not me.

klt1986
05-10-2007, 15:04
I had the pleasure of meeting Danny a few weeks ago, so here is a bump for a good man. Good luck in your search.

Grimsi
05-11-2007, 02:44
Look up your local Securitas and other security guard offices.

Good job usually $10.00 + p/hour easy to set terms of what shifts you want.

Insurance offered after 90 days.

Good luck. :)

02LimitedX
05-13-2007, 07:54
I dont know what kind of work your looking for but we have some job openings with Northwest Hardware. We are opening a store in Hollins (across from Lew's Restaurant, near Hollins collage). Store hours are M-Sat 8-6 Sun 1-5. Pay would be close to what your looking for and the benefits arent that great but not bottom of the barrel either. If you would like more info, sent me a pm!

DannyR
05-24-2007, 01:03
My thanks to all. I've elected to start my Social Security, but I'll be looking for some Part Time work starting in September. If funds permit, I'll take the unarmed and armed security classes at PSS.