ccw in Fairfax [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ccw in Fairfax

jhaygood
04-26-2007, 18:23
Does anyone know how to check the status/wait time for ccw in Farifax?

alien-Glocker
04-26-2007, 18:39
I submitted my renewal last November. They took the entire 45 days. I noticed that my return envelope was dated over a week after the date on the CHP!

There was no change in address or any other status

vafish
04-26-2007, 19:08
My renewal took about 49 days in Fairfax.

I went down and made them give me a temporary.

Diokan
04-30-2007, 06:54
Mine took like 35 days. I wouldn't bother trying to check, unless you've gone past the 45 days.

vafish
04-30-2007, 10:34
Originally posted by Diokan
Mine took like 35 days. I wouldn't bother trying to check, unless you've gone past the 45 days.

If it's been 46 days go down to the court house with your receipt and have them give you a certified copy of your application. That becomes your permit.

That's what I did. Permit showed up the next day. They probably mailed it out the afternoon of the morning I picked up the temporary.

txminime
04-30-2007, 20:10
Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but have anyone went through the process of applying for a CCW permit as a certified NRA pistol instructor? Technically, I guess I can teach myself and then sign a certificate for completion, but that would be rather silly. :)

I recently moved to Fairfax area from Dallas and finally settled in enough to think about getting a CCW permit. I was expecting an lengthy state-approved CCW course as part of the process (as in Texas), but it was a pleasant surprise to find quite a few different options for "training".

Francis

vafish
05-01-2007, 05:37
Francis,

The law pretty much allows ANY NRA firearms training course.

That includes NRA instructors courses.

Just give the court house a copy of your NRA Instructor credentials.

You won't have any problems.

They have to take even a Hunter Safety Certificate, not matter how old it is.

txminime
05-01-2007, 20:45
Thank you. It's a relieve knowing I won't have to sit through my own basic firearm safety course. :)

Francis

jhaygood
05-10-2007, 18:38
I got my ccw today it was issued last Friday so that means that it only took about 35 days to issue and another 6 days to go through the mail. Thanks for all the replies.