HOUSE ENROLLED ACT No. 1739 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : HOUSE ENROLLED ACT No. 1739

rkba_net
04-26-2007, 20:56
Has passed and is awaiting the Governors signature.... it removes the requirement for FFL's to foreward a copy of ATF form 4473 to the State Police... also it prohibits the issuing of a LIFETIME license to a person who is a resident of another state...

http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/2007/HE/HE1739.1.html

rhino465
04-26-2007, 21:48
Good news on the 4473 business. I wonder what will happen to all of the 4473 copies that were already sent to ISP?

Were ISP to act in an ethical manner, they would be destroyed, including any electronic copies in whole or part.

Snowman92D
04-27-2007, 05:00
Not much chance of that. Everybody knows the police never act in an ethical manner. It's part of the JBT thing they're taught in the academy. ;)

Masque
04-27-2007, 06:32
So, wait. Does LIFETIME no longer mean LIFETIME? If someone with a lifetime permit moves out of state, what happens with this bill in place?

If the bill prevents issuance of lifetime permits, that's fine, I guess. But if it revokes it after moving, well, that's not lifetime! Rar.

FThorn
04-27-2007, 09:17
I'm headed downtown right now to get my wife's lifetime LCH application put in.

FThorn
04-27-2007, 11:49
as far as the bill, what about DUAL CITIZENS(hip)? Perhaps that should be addressed?

Anyway, just got back from applying. They do NOT require it to be typed now. woohooo.

Also, they told her it would be five MONTHS wait to get it. Is that RIGHT????

sjstill
04-27-2007, 16:06
Originally posted by Snowman92D
Not much chance of that. Everybody knows the police never act in an ethical manner. It's part of the JBT thing they're taught in the academy. ;)

Ah, the truth emerges :rofl: :rofl:

Wait, I've only seen you wearing tennis shoes, what gives?? :animlol: :animlol:

epsylum
04-27-2007, 16:12
Originally posted by FThorn

Pretty close. My buddy put in for his in Jan. or Feb. and just got it the other day. It will take a while, but it will show up.

toots shor
04-27-2007, 21:07
I'm headed downtown right now to get my wife's lifetime LCH application put in.

i will be applying for mine this summer.

rkba_net
04-27-2007, 23:00
Originally posted by Masque
If the bill prevents issuance of lifetime permits, that's fine, I guess. But if it revokes it after moving, well, that's not lifetime! Rar.

There is nothing in this bill about revolking permits...

rkba_net
04-27-2007, 23:03
as far as the bill, what about DUAL CITIZENS(hip)? Perhaps that should be addressed?

Anyway, just got back from applying. They do NOT require it to be typed now. woohooo.

One must be a resident of Indiana OR have FULL-TIME job or own a business here to apply... this has not changed... you can apply for a permit during the time of the year you are a RESIDENT of Indiana... The law NEVER required a typed permit... some local PD's required that... I was suprised that IPD / MCSD never got sued over this as it is not required by state law...

FThorn
04-28-2007, 10:42
Originally posted by rkba_net
One must be a resident of Indiana OR have FULL-TIME job or own a business here to apply... this has not changed... you can apply for a permit during the time of the year you are a RESIDENT of Indiana... The law NEVER required a typed permit... some local PD's required that... I was suprised that IPD / MCSD never got sued over this as it is not required by state law...

I'm just saying what if you're a resident of Indiana AND Paris? Just an oddity, not really important.