Fellowship Meals [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fellowship Meals

04-27-2007, 12:19
I don't donw how other lodges do it in other states or areas, but at our lodge we have a fellowship meal before the meeting.

I am Junior Warden of my lodge and I am in charge of making sure that there is a meal provided.

I was just wondering what sort of meals do you have at your meetings.

Here is the actual menu for the May Stated Meeting.

Sicilian Orzo Salad and Assorted Rolls
Braised Beef Short Ribs in Au Jus
Swiss Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms
Asparagus and Bay Scallops in a Creamy Onion Sauce
Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Parmagiano Reggiano
Caramel Apple Cheesecake

My brother just started a catering business and is helping me out.

What do you think.

We charge $12 a head

JayPap
04-28-2007, 15:47
Sounds like I need to visit PA it sounds delicious.

Our dinners are $8.00 typical meal Salad, roast beef, potato, vegetable, desert. All you can eat on the beef and we still make money.

It can be tough but I mix things up with chili in the winter and kielbasa and beans, I try to keep them guessing.

I won't miss being responsible to keep hungry men happy.

jrr6602
04-28-2007, 17:21
Belong to 3 Blue Lodges, but my schedule only permits me to attend one. The one that I attend is a Daylight Lodge that meets on Saturday morning. Our Stewards are paid for their food expenses by the Lodge. Members are not charged for their meals. Wives are welcome to have breakfast with us.

G23Adam
04-29-2007, 15:06
We have simple things usually, whatever can be cooked quickly. It tends to be breakfast a good bit...

After lodge, we pass a hat about...

Chuck66
05-01-2007, 20:13
We usually do a pot-luck. No one knows what's on the menu till it arrives. Someone will always do a pot of spaghetti or a lasagna or soup or some other such thing that's relatively cheap and easy to fix for a large group. Stewards do the prep and clean-up and accept help from other more able bodied members when the dishes need doing, etc.

21 shooter
05-03-2007, 19:38
We have hot dogs, hamburgers, covered dish in warm weather. When it gets cooler we have chicken stew, vegetable soup, and sometimes a fish fry. We are just a small country lodge. Oh, and we have a box for "donations" to cover expenses.