Concealed Carry, private property... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Concealed Carry, private property...

PDogSniper
04-28-2007, 11:03
I'm trying to point out to a person that one can carry concealed on their own private property without a permit and am unable to locate the law.

Can someone locate it for me...?

DennisH
04-28-2007, 18:20
Try looking at this link, the MI State Police site, which should have a link to the entire law.

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123-1591_3503_4654---,00.html

PDogSniper
04-28-2007, 18:38
Originally posted by DennisH
Try looking at this link, the MI State Police site, which should have a link to the entire law.

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123-1591_3503_4654---,00.html

Thanks, been there, done that. Info there is pretty vague. I use to know the laws pretty good but when it comes to finding a specific law in print and show it to someone it's hard for me...:upeyes:

PDogSniper
04-28-2007, 18:39
If all you guys would get back from the Pit I could get a response. I don't believe you don't have WiFi out there...:supergrin:

MetalManMI
04-29-2007, 21:42
Originally posted by PDogSniper
I'm trying to point out to a person that one can carry concealed on their own private property without a permit and am unable to locate the law.

Can someone locate it for me...?

Here you go:

750.227 Concealed weapons; carrying; penalty.

Sec. 227.

(1) A person shall not carry a dagger, dirk, stiletto, a double-edged nonfolding stabbing instrument of any length, or any other dangerous weapon, except a hunting knife adapted and carried as such, concealed on or about his or her person, or whether concealed or otherwise in any vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business or on other land possessed by the person.

(2) A person shall not carry a pistol concealed on or about his or her person, or, whether concealed or otherwise, in a vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business, or on other land possessed by the person, without a license to carry the pistol as provided by law and if licensed, shall not carry the pistol in a place or manner inconsistent with any restrictions upon such license.

(3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment for not more than 5 years, or by a fine of not more than $2,500.00.

JohnJak
04-30-2007, 16:09
Let us know when you do and report back to us. Thanks

PDogSniper
04-30-2007, 16:25
Originally posted by MetalManMI
Here you go:

(2) A person shall not carry a pistol concealed on or about his or her person, or, whether concealed or otherwise, in a vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business, or on other land possessed by the person, without a license to carry the pistol as provided by law and if licensed, shall not carry the pistol in a place or manner inconsistent with any restrictions upon such license.

Yep, that's exactly the one I want. Now the person says they didn't doubt me but just wanted to see it in print... :upeyes: