Target Sports - Royal Oak [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Target Sports - Royal Oak

Punctilious1
04-28-2007, 17:05
I noticed on Target Sports' website that they have MP5s for rent - are these full auto?

Korey5640
04-28-2007, 19:15
IIRC, Yes, they also will run you $50-75 dollars for a half hour. Have fun, I have never seen anyone rent them in all the times I have ever been there though. Also, I wouldn't count on them to be in that great of shape either. A friend of mine rented a H&K P2000 from there and it was junk...and filthy to boot. :shocked: I am sure they treat their full autos a little better though.

10 Ring Tao
04-29-2007, 10:15
I got to shoot a silenced uzi and some kind of 5.56 HK (both full auto) at the pit this weekend...for free. :supergrin:

JohnJak
04-29-2007, 11:45
Target Sports still sucks and will never get a dime from me.

darkside852003
04-29-2007, 12:38

My thoughts exactly.

10 Ring Tao
04-29-2007, 18:50
Originally posted by JohnJak

Johnny Jihad fought me tooth and nail for the $.25 that the target cost that I wanted to return after shooting. He gained $.25 that day, and will never see another dime from me.

coverdog
05-01-2007, 06:50
Originally posted by JohnJak

:thumbsup:

Generalcarry
05-03-2007, 18:01
Originally posted by Korey5640
IIRC, Yes, they also will run you $50-75 dollars for a half hour. Have fun, I have never seen anyone rent them in all the times I have ever been there though. Also, I wouldn't count on them to be in that great of shape either. A friend of mine rented a H&K P2000 from there and it was junk...and filthy to boot. :shocked: I am sure they treat their full autos a little better though.

I believe you have to buy and use their ammo as well.

DD
05-04-2007, 18:57
Haven't been to Target Sports in forever and don't intend to go there either. Just about any other store will do instead of those jerks.

Ender
05-14-2007, 21:33
Originally posted by 10 Ring Tao
Johnny Jihad fought me tooth and nail for the $.25 that the target cost that I wanted to return after shooting. He gained $.25 that day, and will never see another dime from me.

well, if you bought it...i mean, its a quarter. not worth getting all up in arms about....

Punctilious1
05-14-2007, 22:22
One time I was in there when someone I believe was an off-duty LEO walked in and the idiot behind the counter jokingly pointed a gun at him with the slide locked back. They seemed to be friends but man who does that??

Another time I was in there and was talking to an older gentleman who I thought could be the owner? He was actually quite nice and knowledgeable unlike some of the other clowns there.

10 Ring Tao
05-14-2007, 22:31
Originally posted by Ender
well, if you bought it...i mean, its a quarter. not worth getting all up in arms about....

He makes you buy his targets. It would be different if I'd bought it of my own volition. Its a principle thing, and that was just one example. I don't like the way he runs his business, so I take my money elsewhere.

JYogi
05-17-2007, 18:43

OK I am not a fan of Target Sports BUT you are a little off base here... Firing line, Double Action and every other range I have shot at in the area wont allow you to return targets you dont shoot... If you buy it, its yours.

Also about renting the gun, tell me a range around here where they dont make you shoot their ammo with their guns?

The old guy was not the owner, the owner is Chaldean.

There are plenty of reasons to hate Target Sports but don't hate them for doing the same thing every range does.

10 Ring Tao
05-17-2007, 21:43
Originally posted by JYogi
OK I am not a fan of Target Sports BUT you are a little off base here... Firing line, Double Action and every other range I have shot at in the area wont allow you to return targets you dont shoot... If you buy it, its yours.

Did you read the posts in this thread? He didn't give me a choice. I brought my own.

JohnJak
05-18-2007, 05:00
They still suck to this day.

Korey5640
05-18-2007, 10:47
I have actually found them to be decent people...some of them. Most are jerks but the older guy up there, Ken I believe is his name, is actually a decent person. Don't know whether he truly knows his stuff or not, but he is the one that teaches most of the classes and private lessons.

They changed out my front sights free of charge, so I'm not complaining. Then again, it was Glock OEM for Glock OEM, but still, free of charge is free of charge.

That one little act, combined with the fact that they are a mere 10 blocks away from the house makes me end up going there time and time again. I would love another range, but they are the closest...very close, and with the cost of gas, I just can't justify going somewhere else just because most of the employees are jerks. I don't deal with them anymore, anyway. I just walk in, purchase my range time and targets and go shooting. Just don't talk to them, simple as that. Most of the time I purchase the range time and targets from the one woman that works there, who is very nice and has never really done or said anything stupid like some of the employees, so I don't really have much of a problem.

NailShooter
05-22-2007, 05:10
I live on the west side of the state. I get to Target about once a yr. This past winter when I was there, I was treated very well (did not use their range). Counter help was friendly and would have let me handle every gun in the shop. During past visits, the service was not as good as it was this time. Maybe things have gotten better? Ditto for my visit to Double Action during the same trip. YMMV.

Nail

JYogi
05-22-2007, 11:17
Double Action is a nice shop with a nice staff but I will never go back. If you are not a smoker you walk out of there smelling like a dirty ashtray.

I used to go there for years and the ashtray smell didnt bother me as I smoked but since I quit about 7 years ago I have gotten more and more bothered by the smell to the point where finally a few mth ago I said it was my last time there....

Don't get me wrong, I am sure its nice for the smokers to have someplace to go, I am sure DA gets lots of business as its one of the only shops left that allows smoking. Luckily for me there are LOTS of other stores and ranges to pick from which dont allow smoking, luckily for smokers they still have DA which will allow them to enjoy themselves.

NailShooter
05-22-2007, 17:27
JYogi,

I agree totally on the smoking thing. I've been in there before when half of the counter people had one going. I don't need the smoke either.

The air was pretty good in there when I visited. Didn't recognize anyone that was behind the counter (from previous visits). Maybe there's hope for DA after all!

Nail

Ender
05-23-2007, 22:21
Originally posted by JYogi
Double Action is a nice shop with a nice staff

they must have really changed stuff, because the last time i was there it was filled with complete buttholes.

Phunahm
06-03-2007, 16:54
Target Sports Has always treated me good......I bought my first Glock there for 1 reason the customer service....the owner has always been friendly to me....

Korey5640
06-03-2007, 20:27
Originally posted by Phunahm
Target Sports Has always treated me good......I bought my first Glock there for 1 reason the customer service....the owner has always been friendly to me....

Yeah, I don't know why but there are people that have told me they treat you like crap and they refuse to shop there. I have had good luck with them so far. When I was looking for a handgun they were one of the few shops that allowed me to demo the guns(hold them, mess with them a little bit, dry fire, etc.) as I am 18 y/o. Also, like I said, they are blocks away so that is where I shop. Just that simple.

10 Ring Tao
06-04-2007, 01:59
Originally posted by Korey5640
Yeah, I don't know why but there are people that have told me they treat you like crap and they refuse to shop there.

Good customer service, if you're one of the lucky ones, can easily be overlooked by outrageous prices.

Phunahm
06-04-2007, 06:44
Good customer service, if you're one of the lucky ones, can easily be overlooked by outrageous prices.

Thats what I heard however I compared my G30 to Gun Galore pricing.. GG was cheaper but they gouge the hell out of you on intalling the sights....which made the price pretty close to the same....

Ender
06-04-2007, 22:02

no offense, but you whine a lot :supergrin:

10 Ring Tao
06-05-2007, 02:08
no offense, but you whine a lot :supergrin:

A whine would be 'wah wah wah, he didn't get on his knees when he sold me that gun'.

I'm just keeping the thread balanced (toward my opinion :tongueout: ). Be fair though, and don't try to tell me that even good customer service can be overcome by horrible prices.

Now, should I go get some brie or cheddar........

jeremy stanke
06-05-2007, 08:43
I got to shoot a silenced uzi and some kind of 5.56 HK (both full auto) at the pit this weekend...for free. :supergrin:

so are suppressors finally legal to buy in MI now?

JYogi
06-05-2007, 09:19
Nope...
They are working on it still

Originally posted by jeremy stanke

JohnJak
06-05-2007, 15:25
Well, you all know how I feel about them.

Hauptmann6
06-05-2007, 16:13
Originally posted by jeremy stanke

No, the guys who have them are the correct type of FFL.

mikedb
06-10-2007, 16:13

in your sig line you state "blind as Anne Frank" she was not blind, she was a young jew hidding during the WWII from the Nazis. Do you mean Helen Keller?

Hauptmann6
06-10-2007, 20:19
Originally posted by mikedb
in your sig line you state "blind as Anne Frank" she was not blind, she was a young jew hidding during the WWII from the Nazis. Do you mean Helen Keller?

You don't read too many ender threads do you?

mikedb
06-11-2007, 11:57
Originally posted by Hauptmann6
You don't read too many ender threads do you?

I am not a frequent visitor to the site, so no I have not.