Time from issue to receive CHL [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Time from issue to receive CHL

G36's Rule
04-29-2007, 16:40
I've been checking my app online and saw last Wednesday that it stated "Application Completed - License issued or certificate active".

So how long can I expect to wait to receive my CHL, and can I carry using my old one since they will be the same number??? I know, that is probably a dumb question, but you never know.

04-29-2007, 18:38
60 days, for me.

waltherone
04-30-2007, 10:15
Once mine changed to that status I had it in like 4 days. Mine did it on a friday so sunday was an extra day wait for me, probly could've had it in 2-3. :(

G36's Rule
04-30-2007, 16:22
Originally posted by waltherone
Once mine changed to that status I had it in like 4 days. Mine did it on a friday so sunday was an extra day wait for me, probly could've had it in 2-3. :(

Bingo. Just got it today in the mail.

Total time from sending it in to receiving license was 28 days.

This was a renewal.

TxCZshooter
05-01-2007, 08:41
Where's a good place in Spring/Woodlands area to get your CHL the first time ? Only place I know of is Carter's Country but I've heard their classes are HUGE.

G36's Rule
05-01-2007, 18:47
Originally posted by TxCZshooter
Where's a good place in Spring/Woodlands area to get your CHL the first time ? Only place I know of is Carter's Country but I've heard their classes are HUGE.

I have always done mine at Carter's. They have a nice classroom, the instructors are nice guys, LEO's, and they don't talk down to anyone. The renewal I did was from 11:00am to 5:30pm. I got there, did fingerprints and photos, went out and shot, then went .5 mile down the street and got a Subway. Came back and endured the 3.5-4 hours of discussion on Texas self defense laws.

If you are taking the full course, you will have to show up earlier.

I have never had a problem with my application from Carter's. Neither has my wife. Both of us have had CHL's since '96.

They are not the cheapest, but I've heard of other places not doing photos, or getting fingerprint cards rejected and other issues.

Just my opinion.

Whatever you do, get it done.

Sludge
05-02-2007, 08:36
Sent my application in this AM... we will see on the the time frame..

Walter45Auto
05-03-2007, 13:56
Mine took 52 days from mailbox to mailbox. I think it was 4 or 5 days after I first saw that the website said "certificate active or license issued" to when I got the license.

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal:

Gig'em
05-03-2007, 15:34
Got mine in 39 days, status changed on a tuesday recieved on friday.