CCW Question about transporting non pistol firearms [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CCW Question about transporting non pistol firearms

Pyzik
04-29-2007, 19:04
I was told that as a CCW holder in Michigan that it also allows you to transport long guns pretty much any way you want, i.e. in your backseat uncased.

I was told this by a LEO.

I can't seem this in any of the michigan firearms laws.

Anyone know more on this.

Thanks!

Tallbear
04-29-2007, 19:51
The LEo was wrong. That's why it was labeled a "CPL" .....concealed pistol license.

Long guns must be "empty" and cased and out of reach of anyone in the vehicle (preferably in a trunk) even if you have a CPL.

Pyzik
04-29-2007, 19:53
Thanks, I am going to stop by the sherriffs office on my way to work tomarrow.

centennial
04-30-2007, 05:28
Originally posted by Pyzik
Thanks, I am going to stop by the sherriffs office on my way to work tomarrow.

For what?
The sheriff probably won't have the right answer either.
Tallbear has given you the correct information, but if you doubt him, the place to turn is the Michigan State Police Firearms Unit in Lansing.

Pyzik
04-30-2007, 08:19
Yeah, after I thought about it I doubt they know what they would be talking about.

Thanks again.

PDogSniper
04-30-2007, 12:26
Originally posted by Tallbear
The LEo was wrong. That's why it was labeled a "CPL" .....concealed pistol license.

Long guns must be "empty" and cased and out of reach of anyone in the vehicle (preferably in a trunk) even if you have a CPL.

Don't forget that all detachable magazines for the long gun must be empty also...

gsbell
04-30-2007, 20:42
Originally posted by PDogSniper
Don't forget that all detachable magazines for the long gun must be empty also...

That one right there has always chapped my ass. Who wants to be loading 30 rounders at the range when there is shooting to be done?

Hailstorm
04-30-2007, 21:03
Holy Crap! Talk about entrapment.

ZIPGRAVER
05-04-2007, 23:11
Not here in Nevada...:hugs: :hearts: :banana: anything goes in a car or truck.:tongueout: ;)

Pyzik
05-05-2007, 06:41
Originally posted by ZIPGRAVER
Not here in Nevada...:hugs: :hearts: :banana: anything goes in a car or truck.:tongueout: ;)
Well don't you feel special? :tongueout:

ZIPGRAVER
05-05-2007, 23:22
Originally posted by Pyzik
Well don't you feel special? :tongueout:

Yup...that's one of the reasons I moved here from Michigan. Not the main reason but a nice benefit.:thumbsup: