anybody from Chicago ? Need some info... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : anybody from Chicago ? Need some info...

Charly
04-30-2007, 03:01
Hi folks,

I am planning a 4 days trip in Chicago last week of May.
I was wondering if somebody could give some tips what to do (and eventualy what not to do) over there.

Is there a possibility to get to a range in the city ?
Need one that will accept to let a foreigner shoot (I don't know if that will or will not be a legal problem).

I also would like to ask for a good address to go shopping for shooting accrs (you know, the big mega outdoor store).

Thanks for any info coming this way.

Charly

Tecumseh
05-01-2007, 10:20
I dont believe you will be able to shoot within the city limits.

As for stuff to do. CHicago has world class food. Try a Chicago style pizza. Get some white castles. Go downtown and get some Jewtown polish's.

The museums are amazing. Field Musuem is great. The Art Institute is another great time. THe Sheddaquarium.

The Sears Tower and Millenuim Park are also fun.

Charly
05-02-2007, 01:02
thanks for the advises and information.

Charly

WDN
05-04-2007, 19:49
There is the new Bass Pro Shop in Bolingbrook.
Here is the info:
Bass Pro (http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPage?appID=94&CMID=&langId=-1&pageView=image&catalogId=10001&partNumber=&storeID=53&storeId=10151&deptId=000000000&categoryId=000000000&jumpToPage=1&currentPage=0&subdeptId=000000000)

MANIACSNOWMAN
05-08-2007, 19:31
If you are able to get out to Will county or 1st ave and ogden you will be able to try out those ranges.

Nata
05-09-2007, 12:06
Originally posted by Charly
Hi folks,

I am planning a 4 days trip in Chicago last week of May.
I was wondering if somebody could give some tips what to do (and eventualy what not to do) over there.

Is there a possibility to get to a range in the city ?
Need one that will accept to let a foreigner shoot (I don't know if that will or will not be a legal problem).

I also would like to ask for a good address to go shopping for shooting accrs (you know, the big mega outdoor store).

Thanks for any info coming this way.

Charly

From Chicago I would go to Gurnee -> take 94 to 294 N, exit Gurnee W. and take right at he light. In the mall area you will be able to see a big sign pointing you to the Outdors World store. They have a big selection of toys, reasonable prices and you can even shoot indors.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPage?appID=94&CMID=&langId=-1&pageView=image&catalogId=10001&partNumber=&storeID=19&storeId=10151&deptId=000000000&categoryId=000000000&jumpToPage=1&currentPage=0&subdeptId=000000000

Closer to Chicago they have a range on Mannheim rd, a little bit S of O'Hare and Irving Park Rd just left after crossing the bridge going S. Another one is on W Irving Park Rd after Mannheim rd, about 2 miles, on the right side of the road, you can't miss the sign

For a complete list check this: http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/findlocal.asp?State=IL