Question on Law change. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question on Law change.

GREYBEAR
04-30-2007, 09:12
I was curious about something I heard on the radio the other day. On Temple University NPR station there was a 30 second blurb about how Phila. lawmakers want to change some of the wording in Harrisburg on Philly's Gun laws. This was all I was able to catch. Has anyone any other information on this? I'm in NEPA, but this might just be another reason for me not to want or need to go down to Philly.

:beer: :50cal:

Nicky D
04-30-2007, 23:09
I didn't hear what you heard but I do know that Philly wants to be able to set their own rules and regulations and basically ban all guns.

n3hcp
05-01-2007, 06:27
Here is a link to another discussion group with the info you seek:
PAFOA Cruz is at it again! (http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pennsylvania-10/5528-cruz-again.html)

Philly K-9
05-04-2007, 06:55
I heard on KYW 1060 AM that our City Counsel has PASSED a bill changing the gun laws for Philadelphia County. The changes include a few gems like; one gun a month, no assault weapons, and restricting carry permits, and enact measures to curb straw buyers.

The knuckleheads in city counsel were waiting on the State House and Senate to pass a bill giving the City the right to pass and enforce it's own gun laws. This never happened so the went ahead and passed it anyway. They now plan to sue the state for the right to enact their own gun laws. They are counting on the higher courts to feel some sort of pressure from the passing of this bill in counsel and cave-in.

I live and work, as a cop, in Philly. Aside from the straw buyers flooding our streets with illegal handguns, which I hate to admit is a real problem here, these new laws will have zero impact on the sky rocketing murder rate. Only law abiding citizens obey laws so this will not affect a criminal.

paccw
05-12-2007, 13:54
Didn't DC just go through this same basic thing and lost?

You can't give different rights to citizens of the same state.Where does it end.

Scrappy
05-23-2007, 14:59
Only law abiding citizens obey laws so this will not affect a criminal!

You hit the mail on the head, now when is the State house, senate and government going to take their head out off their ***** and relize this true fact!
Criminals could care less about any laws!