Pro 2a get together in NW Indiana? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pro 2a get together in NW Indiana?

Prometheus77
05-01-2007, 12:14
I see the guys from down south have alot of fun, what about those of us near the armpit of the midwest (aka sickago)?

Anyone up for it in NW Indiana AO?

rhino465
05-02-2007, 01:26
I hope you get some good responses.

In addition to making some genuine RKBA-related progress (in my opinion), I think our group that meets in Speedway has been a good thing for all of us. In addition to exchanging information and ideas and coordinating our efforts, we've also made some friendships that might not otherwise have happened. Well, the other guys have ... I hate them all. :supergrin:

You (and all others) are welcome to join us any time, by the way. I know it's a long haul, but if you're ever in town, please join us!

Prometheus77
05-02-2007, 22:12
Thank you for the invite, I know alot of people from the boards (not just GT) are in this area, we rarely can make anything happen however.

The wife and are wanting to get down for an Indy gun show we'd spend teh night so maybe one of the get togthers might line up the night before or something.

==============

Me, my wife and a fellow GT'er will be at the Willow Slough gun range this Saturday morning shooting, anyone else up for it let us know.

Pitmaster
05-05-2007, 18:12
I would be interested, but I don't have Glock. After balancing everything I went for a Walther P99, .9mm, as my first pistol purchase. I'm sure I will end up with at least one Glock during the next year. Either a .40 or .45.

I'm in South Bend.

biggl35
05-06-2007, 08:34
Originally posted by Pitmaster
I would be interested, but I don't have Glock. After balancing everything I went for a Walther P99, .9mm, as my first pistol purchase. I'm sure I will end up with at least one Glock during the next year. Either a .40 or .45.

I'm in South Bend.

These get togethers have nothing to do with owning a Glock.

Our meetings that we have in Indy are for Pro 2A talks, among other topics.

Like rhino mentioned, you will meet like minded folks and make friendships with people that you would otherwise never cross paths with. Hell, I am a tow turck operator, one other gentlemen has a PHD in chemistry and another has a masters in chemistry as well (IIRC).

rhino has got me hooked on USPSA shooting, which was something I had always wanted to try I just didnt know how to get started.

In the end, you will meet like minded people, and for some folks that can be very difficult.

MakeMineaP99
05-06-2007, 17:49
I'm in South Bend too. I'm itching to open carry...Any plans in the works?

Prometheus77
05-07-2007, 08:17
Originally posted by MakeMineaP99
I'm in South Bend too. I'm itching to open carry...Any plans in the works?

You're the first to reply.. No real plans as of yet, ironically enough I was over in the south bend area this weekend. Went over to midwest gun exchange.

I'm out of Hammond, but willing to make a centeral drive to help things out.

There's got to be more of us up here.

minuteman32
05-07-2007, 08:23
If you guys get a meeting set up, let me know & I'll try to drive up for it. We've (rhino465, big craig, me & others) have started having pro 2a meetings in Speedway, almost weekly.

Prometheus77
05-07-2007, 10:50
Originally posted by minuteman32
If you guys get a meeting set up, let me know & I'll try to drive up for it. We've (rhino465, big craig, me & others) have started having pro 2a meetings in Speedway, almost weekly.

Will do. I'd love to have something monthly setup. I know you guys do the open caary meetings, how do you get a handle on which establishments to choose prior to showing up?

minuteman32
05-07-2007, 13:35
We chose our meeting place by having been there individually before. I frequented the Grindstone Charley's & knew/recognized several of the servers/mgrs. Originally, we had a seperate room, but as the group size decreaced to 4-5, we just got a couple of tables. Since we are usually very friendly, we have not had any issues w/ the open carry (the few that do sometimes). It is kind of interesting to watch people, though. Some notice, some don't.

Prometheus77
05-07-2007, 14:54
Cool, I've got to do some open carry up here, but alas most times I'm going to I don't want the hassle.

I think I'll wait and OC carry with my wife and the kids. I tried to talk my wife into open carry on Saturday at the valpo walmart, but she didn't feel like it...

We would have been matching too, we both ewre carrying matching bitone XD9's and dual mags on the other hip... maybe next time :hearts:

ChrisK
05-07-2007, 18:42
You can count me in. I live in the North Judson/San Pierre area and work in South Bend.

B Coyote
05-09-2007, 18:03
This sounds like a good idea.... Like minds should gather on occasion to discuss important things and eat.

bc

Prometheus77
05-09-2007, 21:01
Awesome, anyone know of any places to make this happen at?

I know we have one guy in south bend and I'm in Hammond, I would think that it'd need to be no futher west than I65 for sure and very close to I80 which should make drive time for most a max of 1 hour.

I'm a Floridian so I don't know the area east of I65 very well to suggest places out that way, but I'm open to ideas and my GPS can get me anywhere... mostly ;)

Azrael
05-10-2007, 13:24
I might be interested, I live near Lafayette but my parents live on a farm near Culver, I might make the trip up. Pretty busy at least through Memorial Day tho.

Lt Scott 14
05-11-2007, 19:10
Read your post and am interested in a coffee/meeting or something.Live near Rt 10 and I65.There are a couple of truck stops at Rt2 and I65 near Lowell,In, or there is a Bakers Square off Rt30 and Mississippi,near Westfield Mall.Use to meet other Deputies there for coffee. The average table is for 4-6 people, and if you aren't having food fights they are pretty cool about hanging out.I do tip the staff generously.(Not over due,just to put up with us)Send me e-mail and I'll keep in contact.

Pitmaster
05-11-2007, 19:26
I would suggest someone setting a date, time, and location. Everyone's schedule will not coincide. Better to just start to meet and go from there.

Prometheus77
05-11-2007, 19:40
Email sent Scott.

Truck stop for coffee, bakers square for pie.

I've heard that meetings get a better turn out when 'punch and pie' is mentioned :supergrin:

salemons
05-12-2007, 08:45
I'm in the Michigan City area and would be interested in a get together. Someone determine a date, time & location and will see if my schedule fits.

Prometheus77
05-12-2007, 18:01
How about something easy the first time around?

Crown Point gun show next saturday? Maybe noon at the food area or something?

rhino465
05-12-2007, 20:10
You guy should all try to attend the Natural Resources Commission meeting in Peru on Tuesday (15MAY07) too. Details are in another topic.

You could then socialize afterward before returning home.

I'm going to try to be at the meeting too.

salemons
05-13-2007, 12:37
I'm plannin to be @ the Crown Point show Saturday and lookin in the food area around noon :wavey:. Might suggest this get together to some of my friends also. Hope to see someone there that knows about this group cuz I'm just taggin along.
In reference to an earlier post about this, remember you can open carry at a gun show just can't be loaded

Pitmaster
05-13-2007, 15:30
There's an USPSA shoot in Niles, MI and I was going to go watch that, but may change them. Might I suggest those that show up make a tag that says GlockTalk to help make the first couple of identifications. Or the first their grab a table and stick a sign on it.

BTW, Is Crown Point on Indy or Chicago time?

Who puts on the Crown Point gun show?

Sajer
05-13-2007, 15:46
I'd like to meet up with you guys but I'm working at Midwest when they do the Crown Point show so no go for me.

Prometheus77:

You and I have shot togther a few times at the Jasper Pulaski range, but it has been a few years since that time. I think it was shortly after you moved to the area and a guy named Camel and I joined you, Greg and Gopher(?) for a shoot.

If you guys get this going I would make the drive from the Bend when I could. Again I do work at Midwest when they need me so gun shows would not work unless it is on a Sunday.

That area is on Chicago time.

Pitmaster
05-13-2007, 16:08
I'd like to meet up with you guys but I'm working at Midwest when they do the Crown Point show so no go for me.

Midwest in Elkhart or South Bend?

Prometheus77
05-13-2007, 16:26
Originally posted by Sajer

Prometheus77:

You and I have shot togther a few times at the Jasper Pulaski range, but it has been a few years since that time. I think it was shortly after you moved to the area and a guy named Camel and I joined you, Greg and Gopher(?) for a shoot.

Thats right! I haven't seen you around in a long time. Good to see you again :wavey:

Gopher29 should also be at the CP show on Saturday. The wife and I are hard to miss as we'll likely be the only ones at the show with 9 y/o, 3 y/o and 9 month old girls ;)

The wife and I were just out at Midwest in mishawaka last Saturday with the gang...

FWIW there is a Cici's pizza buffet in Portage just off of I80 I haven't been to one since Florida, but it was 3.99 (now it's 4.99) for all the pizza, salad, deserts and drinks you can handle. That might not be a bad idea since we've got several people from the S. Bend area interested in going and it's abit more smackdab in the middle and still next to an interstate.

Sajer
05-13-2007, 17:23
I work at the Mishawaka Midwest only on Saturdays.

I was working last Saturday. What time were you there?

I know it has been a few years , but I should have recognized you. Did you buy?

That day had a ton of people with kids coming in. I was also working with a guy on a Colt AR setup for an hour or so, so I might have not noticed you. He picked up a Colt M-4 and I put a tac sling and a Aimpoint on it for him.

Prometheus77
05-13-2007, 17:29
I work at the Mishawaka Midwest only on Saturdays.

I was working last Saturday. What time were you there?

I know it has been a few years , but I should have recognized you. Did you buy?

That day had a ton of people with kids coming in. I was also working with a guy on a Colt AR setup for an hour or so, so I might have not noticed you. He picked up a Colt M-4 and I put a tac sling and a Aimpoint on it for him.

A big fella who was sitting on a stool the whole time?

We were in around 2 or 3. My wife picked up a Beretta 92g, cpx4 and XD 9 bitone. I didn't get anything this trip, but that SA 1911 was taunting me ;)

Sajer
05-13-2007, 17:37
Yeah that was me working with that guy! Not sure why a guy in a walker would need a tac sling, but hey I do what the customer wants.
That was a nice sale $1300 for the Colt, $469 for the aimpoint along with ammo and a few mags and the sling $$$$.

What guy were you working with? Was it Bob the bald headed pirate guy?

Did he knock some money off?

I think I made a comment to you guys as you were checking out.

Prometheus77
05-13-2007, 17:51
What guy were you working with? Was it Bob the bald headed pirate guy?

I think I made a comment to you guys as you were checking out.
We normally work with Brian directly when it comes time to 'talk turkey'. The guy who showed us the Berettas was carrying a FN 5.7, I don't recall his name, nice guy though.

I want to say we average a good dozen guns a year from Brian and he takes care of us ;)

When we were checking out a flood of people came to the register including the AR guy and some nut job complaining about an AR he ordered and what was taking so long... Looking back I should have told him to quit being a jerk, our vector took almost 8 months, lol. I don't specifically recall any coments per say and little 8 month old Alijah was getting hungry and starting to fuss so I was dealing with her while the wife wrapped up.

You guys looked swamped Saturday.

Pitmaster
05-13-2007, 18:03
I stopped in Saturday about 11:00 and thought they were swamped then. I was browsing and picked up a cleaning kit. Looked at a Kimber CDP II. I live in South Bend but usually go to the Elkhart store to shoot every Tuesday morning.

Sajer
05-13-2007, 18:18
Brian is a good guy, though his customer service skills are sometimes lacking to those he does not know.
I know I saw you guys and I said something to your wife as you were bagging everything up. I also remember seeing you in there a few times before and saying to myself "why does he look familar".

What a bonehead.

Saturday was another odd day. It started out slow and then about 10:00 it started to pick up. About 1:30 it got crazy and that ran until 4:00 and then the place just cleared out. It runs like that sometimes. Latley we cannot even keep a Vector in stock. I had one on the rack and had a guy call and say he was on his way. In the meantime a guy came in and dropped the cash for it.

There are two guys that carry a 5.7 one is the GM, Joe, and the other is Tim a shorter guy with dark hair and an ear ring.

The CDP is sweat, but I cannot bring myself to spend that much on it.

If you guys are ever looking for something new or used I will keep my eye out for you if you like.

I picked up a used P-22 that just kept calling my name that day. I figure it would be perfect for my daughters to learn on. That and a silencer.;)

Prometheus77
05-13-2007, 18:37
[B] I also remember seeing you in there a few times before and saying to myself "why does he look familar".

Don't feel bad, I didn't recognize you either lol.

There are two guys that carry a 5.7 one is the GM, Joe, and the other is Tim a shorter guy with dark hair and an ear ring.

Dark hair and into c3 stuff he was shoing off a pic of his SBR'd PS90 on his phone, propbably tim, he had dark hair (possibly facial hair) carried one spare mag and it was an older IOM model...

If you guys are ever looking for something new or used I will keep my eye out for you if you like.
Wil do, right now I honestly can't think of anything I'm really in the martket for. I've just been buying amoo like crazy lately.

A p22 w/can is sweet! I want to pick up one of those pink .22lr crickets for the girls. Alex thinks it's awesome... I might get it for her birthday, she'll be 3 in August... 3 sounds about right for a .22lr rifle ;)

Pitmaster
05-13-2007, 19:09
The CDP is sweat, but I cannot bring myself to spend that much on it.

If your tall you may be the guy who showed it to me. I bought the gun cleaning kit and asked for some 9mm snap caps.

I'm planning on a buying spree in a couple of months. I want to get a Walther P22, a .45 Kimber and/or Glock and a 12 gauge. Not sure what yet, but that's a start.

Sajer
05-14-2007, 17:26
Nope that was Dave.

If your in stop and ask if I'm working . I have met a few guys from different boards over the past year.

Just ask for Chris.

ChrisK
05-14-2007, 20:46
How about a get together at Jasper/Pulaski Range? Can't think of a better place for a bunch of pro 2A people to meet. Do a cookout and shoot. How about it. Midwest could throw in some food because It sounds like that Prometheus77 and I have spent ALOT OF MONEY with them. LOL:supergrin:

Pitmaster
05-14-2007, 22:40
I've got the cooker, but not this weekend.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c400/bdcbbq/FullLoadPit.jpg

Prometheus77
05-14-2007, 23:35

Insert drooling icon!!!! Mmmm... meat.... :thumbsup:

If someone wants to seup a cookout, whoever is bringing the grill / or we are going to their place to grill needs to coordinate that and setup the times at thier convience.

Sajer
05-17-2007, 18:47
Whoa! Thats a nice setup and it looks good!

Somehow I doubt Midwest would sponsor a shoot, but hey who knows.I might be able to get some T-shirts or something.

I would be up for a meet and grill there if that is what everyone wants. Camel and I used to do it all the time. Bring a grill and some chairs and setup in the parking lot or off to the side behind the 100 yrd range. DNR never cared if we did that and often remarked what a good idea it was.

However, I will not have a Saturday off for the next month or so as I work at Midwest and I have inventory prep and the inventory at my real job during the next 45 days.

Post here and I will see what I can do if it is a Saturday shoot.

Oh yeah Midwest might have a line on some .223/5.56 in the next 90 days so if you are interested let me know and I will notify everyone.

Please don't call and ask as they will not have this deal , if it happens, for at least 60 days.

rhino465
06-09-2007, 19:04
Is Lafayette too far south for most of you?

We might be able to get some of the Indy-vicinity crew that far north with enough notice.

rhino465
06-10-2007, 17:17
Okay ... Tuesday still looks good schedule-wise, but I may have another complication. I've developed a significant toothache in a tooth with a crown, so I'm betting I have a pretty good infection going. I'll have to work around the schedules of dental professionals, which will be no problem with my regular dentist, but if I have to go to an oral surgeon or something, who knows!

FThorn
06-10-2007, 19:03

Oh my oh my.... what a lovely sight!

minuteman32
06-11-2007, 12:58
Originally posted by rhino465
Okay ... Tuesday still looks good schedule-wise, but I may have another complication. I've developed a significant toothache in a tooth with a crown, so I'm betting I have a pretty good infection going. I'll have to work around the schedules of dental professionals, which will be no problem with my regular dentist, but if I have to go to an oral surgeon or something, who knows!

Geeez, rhino, it's like ...... pulling teeth to get you to one of these!:supergrin:

Hope you get it taken care of w/o too much trouble!

rhino465
06-11-2007, 16:32
I didn't even post my message in the right topic!

I'm a doofus (with a toothache).

Mike Elzigun
06-25-2007, 12:15
Has a date or place been decided on? I am in the Chesteron/Westville area and would be real interested in attending. Doesnt matter much to me when, just havent seen what looked like a difinitive desicision yet. Anywhere in lake, porter or laporte county is fine by me. Someone pm me if a desicsion gets made.