Champion Arms range report?? (Kent WA) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Champion Arms range report?? (Kent WA)

Seattle_Chris
05-02-2007, 01:44
First off I would like to say thanks to everyone who replied to my other posts. I greatly appreciate the input. And Sams sounds terrific, but it's just TOO far for me to go when theirs closer. Now to the question.

Has anyone here done much shooting at Champion Arms? Would you recomend it for a newb? Plenty of stalls?, operators decent people?, etc. etc.

Thanks in advance for any input. My next runner up in range I think would be Wades, but that is far from close too (considering traffic), and the one time I was their the guy I dealt with (at range, not retail store) was apathetic at the best.

Kk, TIA for any input.

SIGSAREBETTER
05-02-2007, 02:07
I shot at Champion and I enjoyed it....it's very well-lit and a nice range. The gun prices though are INSANE. $328 for a Bersa?!?! No thanks!

PaulBk
05-04-2007, 11:58
I am a member at Champions.

The facilities are a little more primitive than Wade's. Decent lighting, decent target holders, and decent ventilation.

10 lanes on the 25 yd indoor range, sometimes crowded, sometimes not. I try to go during the day, evenings tend to get busy.

Clients vary from LEOs/professional firearm trainers to gangbangers, with everything in between.

Good supply of rentals, including a few carbines.

RSOs are friendly, if not terribly knowledgeable. Same for the retail staff. Less 'attitude' than many other places, especially Wade's. Owner is a great guy, very knowledgeable, very friendly.

The main reasons I shoot at Champions are proximity (I live 15 minutes away in Maple Valley) and flexibility.

If you buy the yearly membership and qualify with the owner, you are afforded a great deal of latitude within the bounds of safety. I can draw from concealment, use my shot timer, double tap, practice dump the mag drills (rapid fire), etc. When the place is quiet multiple target engagement, low light practice, and movement are also OK. This allows realistic training.

PM me if you want more details.

-Paul

Seattle_Chris
05-07-2007, 01:12
Right on. Sounds like a good place. I'm gonna have to check them out this coming "weekend" (Thur, Fri).

Seattle206
05-15-2007, 15:03
can you bring in your own rifles and shotguns?

Juell
05-25-2007, 22:57
Originally posted by Seattle206
can you bring in your own rifles and shotguns?
No Rifles or shotty's last time I was there.
And like everyone else has said, it's an OK place to shoot, but the prices are nuts!
I usually shoot at the SPAA in Tukwila myself. Membership is cheaper, and you get an outdoor pistol range, rifle range, trap range, and they have several tactical ranges. That and they're pretty much never busy.

Seattle_Chris
05-26-2007, 20:31
I finally got around to shooting their a week or two ago. The HVAC system does a really good job, and it seems in pretty good repair. The guys behind the counters all seemed likable. I had a good time shooting their. WAY smaller than Wades, but wasn't too crowded when I went at about 3:00pm on a Saturday.

Seattle_Chris
06-09-2007, 23:25
I asked about rifles last time I was their, and their rule is only pistol calibers OR .223 and AR 15's (or was that AK's, I forget). And with .223's and AR's (or AK's I forget) you have to use their special ammunition. They get ammo made that breaks up on impact so it doesn't go through their backdrop. But of course they don't really have rifle lanes, aka extra long lanes.

mattyk6
07-08-2007, 11:02
I stopped in a couple weeks ago, didn't shoot though. The guys were really friendly. It seems like a good place to me.