Looking for cheap defense ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for cheap defense ammo

glockman513
05-03-2007, 09:25
Does anyone know where a good place in SW Ohio to purchase self defense rounds at a good price?

nehpets99
05-03-2007, 12:26
The only place I can even conceivably think of is Target World and you know you're gonna get screwed in price of you do that. What about ordering online through midway or something?

I'm not from this area though I go to school here so I don't really know what's around here. My shop experience has been limited to Target World.

Speaking of which, next time there's a cincy-area get-together you oughta come. Myself and 2 others met up a few weeks ago in mason for food then shooting.

degoodman
05-03-2007, 12:38
Originally posted by jsh008
Does anyone know where a good place in SW Ohio to purchase self defense rounds at a good price?

There's this thing called the internet, and I think it reaches your neck of the woods. You are posting on here after all.

If you like Gold Dots, I'll recommend http://www.miragetechnologies.net . That's pretty much what I carry these days, so if you want something else, you'll have to ask someone else.

Locally sourced defensive ammo is usually priced through the ceiling. You have to fall into a deal to score something decent. For example, I happend upon a deal once upon a time where a dealer ordered 10 boxes of a remington Golden Sabre load (GS40SWA) to stock. The distributor sent him 10 CASES, so he was looking to offload them at a substantial discount, since the distributor didn't want them back. I took several of those cases off his hands at under $6/25, which was, and still is, the smokingest price I've ever seen on real defensive ammo, given that at that time $12/25 was more the shelf price for GS ammo. And no...you can't have any. So of you head into the gun stores every now and again, particularly the out of the way ones that still do good business, you can fall onto a deal. But that's not the normal way of things.

jabeatty
05-03-2007, 16:46
Originally posted by jsh008
What (exactly) are you looking for?

glockman513
05-03-2007, 19:21
Gold Dots, Federal, Corbon or something along those lines in .40 (180), and 9mm(147), JHP. I'd like to stay away from the WWB JHP.