Open Carry [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Open Carry

elderboy02
05-04-2007, 08:17
I am in the process of getting my concealed permit. I am actually going today to turn in the application. Are you allowed to open carry in Ohio? I forgot to ask my instructor.

Taurus_Dude
05-04-2007, 08:26
Originally posted by elderboy02
I am in the process of getting my concealed permit. I am actually going today to turn in the application. Are you allowed to open carry in Ohio? I forgot to ask my instructor.

Yes, you can.

However, I was told by my instructor that its a bad idea. If you scare people and they call the cops, its going to create unneeded hassle.

With that being said, once I get a full size pistol, I will be open carrying at certain times.

elderboy02
05-04-2007, 14:49
Thanks man. I appreciate. I will probably never open carry but I was just curious.

JSK333
05-05-2007, 19:54
Originally posted by elderboy02
Thanks man. I appreciate. I will probably never open carry but I was just curious.

Reaction largely depends on your locale. In doing so here in the Cincy suburbs (as well as downtown) on about 20-30 separate occasions, I've only had one LEO interaction.

Check out the forums at www.opencarry.org and look for the post about the local open carry board. Head over there to find more. There are a few of us trying to get together regularly to discuss the issue more...

firedog978
05-06-2007, 07:09
Living in the Cinci. burbs (over 30 years) and working in the City all my life, I've never open carried and seen few do so.
Just remember, even with it being legal, it will solicit alot of inter-reaction. If you're comfortable with that, go for it.

glockman513
05-11-2007, 20:22
It is legal, however you can be charged with inducing public panic. Keep in mind, were in the wake of a tragic school shooting, and the people who are normally scared of people having guns are going to be over-reactive in the wake of the VT shooting.

tecdv
05-14-2007, 21:08
I used to live in Dayton, and they don't seem to like open carry. I've never been charged with anything, but they will stop you to check you out (maybe I just look shady...lol). I now live a few miles away from Dayton in Clark County, and have not had any problems here. I don't usually open carry, but there are times when it's the only option. Good luck if you choose to do so.

Racsan
05-16-2007, 14:10
May want to check out this new group in Ohio.

Open Carry Ohio http://ocohio.org