Concealed Carry Permitted [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Concealed Carry Permitted

dglockster
05-06-2007, 06:07
This may have been posted before but a search returned no hits.

Neither the State Fair Music Hall nor the Myerson Center in Dallas prohibits the carry of concealed handguns. I have been to both locations within the last month and neither had the 30.06 sign posted. Myerson does have the "It is illegal to carry an unlicensed firearm . . ." notice posted.

As I was doing the initial search, I thought it would be nice to have a sticky that told which locations by city either permitted or did not permit carry.

Nosmik
05-06-2007, 10:13
That's a good idea for the sticky.
I would like to know if someone has seen a 30.06 sign at the Dallas museum of science (body worlds). Some people tell me that you have to pass a metal detector.

cwood
05-06-2007, 12:44
This is an excellent resourse with a lot of useful information specific to Texas.

The site web addres is:

http://www.texaschlforum.com/

Look under "General Texas CHL Discussion" and you will find a topic entitled "Cities Improperly posting 30.06 signs". If the places you mention are not included you might register and add them.

Also, there is a new website entitled "Texas3006.com" with the web address (as you might have guessed) of:

http://www.Texas3006.com

You might also search and/or post the info there.

I hope you find this useful.

droff1`
05-07-2007, 00:41
Originally posted by Nosmik
That's a good idea for the sticky.
I would like to know if someone has seen a 30.06 sign at the Dallas museum of science (body worlds). Some people tell me that you have to pass a metal detector.

I second the body worlds, anyone know bout CHL there??

corpdriller
05-07-2007, 20:02
Originally posted by droff1`
I second the body worlds, anyone know bout CHL there??

Went to it a couple months ago. No metal detector that I could see, but wasn't carrying at the time. Didn't see 30.06 on the door either. It is a very interesting exibit. Takes a little over an hour to see all of it.

Nosmik
05-20-2007, 21:11
Ok guys,
I went and saw body worlds and they do have a sign (2) at the door but no metal detectors.

It was an interesting exhibit. Most of all the bodies had "smokers lung". Overall it was good.

bluelineman
05-23-2007, 17:52
Originally posted by Nosmik
Ok guys,
I went and saw body worlds and they do have a sign (2) at the door but no metal detectors.

It was an interesting exhibit. Most of all the bodies had "smokers lung". Overall it was good.

Is it a 30.06 sign or the "carrying of unlicensed weapons" sign?

Nosmik
05-23-2007, 22:07