Glock Recoil Buffer [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock Recoil Buffer

charlie-xray
05-06-2007, 07:07
Glock Recoil Buffer

Anybody here uses this? Is this recommended?

The Buffer Technologies Recoil Buffer for the Glock pistol eliminates the metal slide from impacting the polymer frame. This repeated impact batters the frame where the two parts come into contact. Stopping this battering is accomplished by inserting the buffer between the recoil spring and the slide. Each time the action is worked or the weapon is fired the buffer comes into contact with the frame, not the metal slide. Installation of the Recoil Buffer will result in reduced felt recoil, enhanced muzzle control and a longer service life. The Recoil Buffer for Glocks will fit models 17, 17L, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 24C, 31 and 32.

batangueno
05-06-2007, 07:19
Parang wala naman problema ang glock sa frame battering ah. For a competition glock it might be ok to try if it's not too expensive. But for a defensive glock, wag na lang baka it might affect the glock's reliability.

Valor1
05-06-2007, 17:23
It is very similar to Wilson Combat's buffer for the 1911's. For a defensive pistol, I wouldn't count on the extra part. If it breaks, a possibility of your gun running out of battery is definitely stressful. Some would like it on a range gun but what is the use of practicing in a range if you are not simulating a real-life situation. What happens is you install it when you're in the range and then remove it when you go into a defensive mindset. Either way it's just an expense.

charlie-xray
05-07-2007, 00:02
Thanks gents, appreciate your input ika nga if the experts don't do it, then it's not worth doing diba.

:thumbsup:

atmarcella
05-10-2007, 09:22
im no expert...but i think its a "dont":thumbsup:

jimbullet
05-11-2007, 20:18
Think of it this way, glocks are polymers, while 1911 range guns are steel, so the 1911's need the shokbuffs more than the glocks. I say no to a shokbuff on a glock while I do recommend one for 1911's.