Moving to Dallas [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Dallas

gte338m
05-07-2007, 07:22
I am moving to the Dallas area this weekend. I read some info that indicated that I could not apply for a Tx license until after being in Tx for 6mths. I don't know how valid this info is, but if it is correct, can I carry with my Georgia Firearms License?

Who do I need to contact in Tx to ask for more info?

Thanks

Walter45Auto
05-07-2007, 13:22
I believe you can. There's no law in Texas that I'm aware of that says residents must have a Texas permit to carry here. www.handgunlaw.us is a good site for gun laws. It's even better than www.packing.org which has gotten a bit out of date. They both have links to Texas Dept of Public Safety's website I believe, which will have the phone number of the CHL division.

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal:

GlockPride
05-07-2007, 13:40
Well,
let me be the first to welcome you with a big Texas "Howdy!"
Remember when you talk to the folks back home that everything is bigger in Texas. And ifn it ain't just spin it that way-we've got a reputation to uphold here.

failedreality
05-17-2007, 20:45
Originally posted by Walter45Auto
I believe you can. There's no law in Texas that I'm aware of that says residents must have a Texas permit to carry here. www.handgunlaw.us is a good site for gun laws. It's even better than www.packing.org which has gotten a bit out of date. They both have links to Texas Dept of Public Safety's website I believe, which will have the phone number of the CHL division.

I'm glad I checked this. When I first moved here from Washington, there was no agreement, but after looking tonight, Texas honors my WA Permit.. :banana:

Walter45Auto
05-18-2007, 10:40
Must be a one sided agreement. IIRC, WA don't honor the Texas permit.

failedreality
05-18-2007, 14:02
Which I think is weird, but that's ok

I'm going to get my texas permit here shortly anyways..